Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

At least I'm not on Night Train, geez.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 70 judge verts:

How much are frame off Ram Air III Judge verts goin for these days? I know of a few that might be for sale.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:06 AM
formerly Steved400

Here are a couple of 71 Judges sitting in a closed salvage that I have access to, don't ask where cause I'm not telling. I'm hold out he will sell some day, 68 GTO on the far side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	271s.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	77851  

Old 01-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

RA2 you've got to be kidding. You rebutted my argument by misquoting me? If I was a lawyer I would destroy you in a court of law. To writ ...

STUPID COMMENT - "For starters (besides SWEETMUSCLE) I havent see any of these owners you mentioend chiming in either way..."

RESPONSE - You wait less than one hour to make an assessment of who chimed in? That's retarded. Since then '69 Judge chimed in too. That's 3 of the 109 Judge Convertibles and we've got 100% in my favor. Nevermind the fact that SWEETMUSCLE asked multiple RA4 owners over alot of time and was told "NO" each time. And your going to argue with that 100% track record that speaks against your ridiculous opinion.

STUPID COMMENT #2 - "Also, the latest (big) uptick in RA IV Judge valuation is happening NOW so maybe if you asked the same question now or this spring you would get very different answer than you would have as recently as 6 months ago..."

RESPONSE - You can ask this question from now until eternity ... no one is going to trade straight up and the point of the questions was which was a more desirable car. It IS and always WILL BE and rag top.

STUPID COMMENT #3 - "However what some of us ARE suggesting is that the RA IV (by leaps and bounds) is a MUCH more desireable powerplant than the common and much milder RA III..."

RESPONSE - This is your stupidest comment yet. If only SOME of you are suggesting that the RA4 powerplant is more desireable then the rest are stupid. But the fact is that EVERYONE AGREES that the RA4 powerplant is more desireable. That was not and is not the question on this thread. It is which CAR is more desireable (RA3 Judge Convert vs. RA4 Judge hardtop.)

STUPID COMMENT #4 - "So wrt to valuation of a RA III Judge convertible relative to a RA IV Judge hardtop ... On one hand you *ADD IN* the value of "convertible"... BUT on thd other hand (this is the part you missing) you *DECREASE* the value because it has a *standard RA III* vs much higher performance *RA IV*."

RESPONSE - UGH ... why would you think that I've forgot the that RA4 powerplant is more desireable than the RA3? Go ahead and look for what I wrote that suggested that ... go ahead and get back to us with that bit of information that does NOT exist.

STUPID COMMENT #5 - "The argument boils down to (value wise if not now then in the very near future)..."

RESPONSE - DUH and DUH again. That is the question and the answer is the Judge RA3 Convertible (assuming same condition, options, etc.)

STUPID COMMENT #6 - "Does a 383 (or 440 six pack) Cuda convertible bring more than an e-Body Hemi hardtop? No way Jose."

RESPONSE - No disrespect to JOSE but you're out of your mind if you don't think a 440 6-pak convertible isn't worth more than a hemi-hardtop (I'm talking original cars in similar condition, options, etc.) Comparing a 383 Convertible is too big a difference. That's like saying a 350 or 400 Pontiac Convertible is not worth as much as a JUDGE RA4 hardtop. Now me and you agree on this one point only.

Last, come talk to me again when you find the RA4 Judge owner that would NOT trade for the Judge RA3 Convertible (similar condition, options, etc) or the Judge RA3 Convertible owner willing to trade his car straight up for the RA4 hardtop (lot's of luck JOSE!) then AND ONLY THEN will you even be allowed to argue again on this board!

Man that was easy!!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Senior Chief

Whoa there Sargeant Slaughter, try some Sanka and lay off the caffeine!

MORE intense reply ?

fwiw YOU are the one who stated a point (actually an opinion) then IMMEDIATELY said CASE CLOSED! I'm jumping the gun? Thats some seriously funny stuff there cap'n!

Whatever already on this... We both feel differently and neither of us will be convinced by each other's *STUPID* arguments! LOL!

Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 AM
formerly Steved400

Lay off the caffeine? More like lay off the Mad Dog 20/30 just like I need too, lets all go to bed!

Old 01-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

At first I was enjoying reading this post.......Now it's just giving me a headache.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 01-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy Days Dream Cars has a Red/Red RA4 Judge Auto car, # matching and rotiseree restored. $119,000

Know any RA3 Judge Converts rotiseree restored for that price?

Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ra455
Happy Days Dream Cars has a Red/Red RA4 Judge Auto car, # matching and rotiseree restored. $119,000

Know any RA3 Judge Converts rotiseree restored for that price?
70RA455, Im not trying to get in a pissing match with you but why are you getting so upset in your posts about this?? Do you have a convertible? This started out as a fun thread asking only your preference I believe but some are taking it personally. Its not worth getting that upset over it.
First of all the car that happy days has is a automatic which for Ram iv collectors is a no no. Say what you will but if that car was a 4 speed car it would have been gone along time ago and second of all that car has issues like it use to be a painted top car and the restoration is not as good as you might think it is. Its not numbers matching either!!!
Third, And this might shock you but I can truly tell you honestly that I would not trade my 33k mile ram iv judge for a convertible. I know a few people on this board who have them and thought about buying one at one time but i do not really like ragtops and i found a long time ago I realized that It dont matter if its a 55 chevy or a 2002 trans am YOU ALWAYS BUY THE CAR WITH THE TOP DOG ENGINE OFFERED THAT YEAR! Talk with any high end collector.You can take that to the bank every time. The reason I believe you have not seen any RAM IV cars top a convertible is because I have not seen a top notch example for sale. Theres been nice ones but nothing stellar!! Most converts we see are numbers matching because Ram III's were not beaten nearly as bad as IV cars. The true percentage of real numbers matching RAM IV cars are exstremely low. Take the 2 cars same condition and the RAM IV car has its original drivetrain complete with all its paperwork in order and I think you will see a new world record for that car!!! [And please no more talk about how you can make a ram III run with a IV car. If you do the same tricks to a IV car It will run circles around a III everytime. Plus lets face it,THERES NO MISTAKING THE SOUND OF A STOCK RAM IV ENGINE. MUSIC TO MY EARS.]There are very few exceptions to that rule [69 ta convert,] not so sure about the 6 pack covert/hemi ht thing but it actually might be the 6 pack convert thats more collectable. Anyway If antone wants to pm me with a convert trade I will stand on my words. To all a good night and lets all cool it with the tempers!!!
Boy I thought I was the one with the short fuse! Happy new years guys!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A LITTLE FUN 007.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	77893   Click image for larger version

Name:	A LITTLE FUN 013.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	77894  

Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
I'd hate to be needing and wanting something like that, this late in the game. Lets just hope the old man who found the 69 Lemans Vert and 69 TA Vert for you pulls this one out of his hat.
I know, where's Mr. Ed when I really need him.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved400
Here are a couple of 71 Judges sitting in a closed salvage that I have access to, don't ask where cause I'm not telling. I'm hold out he will sell some day, 68 GTO on the far side.
That's it...your mean!!!! LMAO!!! the 71 judge is my favorite judge and I would tuern downa ram air IV for one...LOL The 71 GTO was the first GTO I looked at to buy....UM why is everyone getting out of hand here? if someone likes teh convert more so be it or if someone thinks teh hardtop is the better car so be it...sheesh/....glad I don't own a judge....

Old 01-04-2007, 10:09 AM
formerly Steved400

68addict

Words of wisdom: "glad I don't own a Judge"

That is why I'm building a 68 Tempest now, Total peice of crap and I'm not even going to wash the rust.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:15 AM
formerly Steved400

This is the one that keeps me up at night. Olf fart about 70 or so has this in his back yard here in Tulsa, JUST like the cranky old pucker on Christine. Guess he's waiting for that 16 year old boy he wants to sleep with before he sells it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tainweedsnd.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	77897  

Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Senior Chief

oh my l0rd steve...THAT shot is killing me!!! i cant beleive some of these old timers. very painful to see this (as well as those two 1971 Judges) rotting away. PLEASE tell me its not a RA 4 Car!

Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 AM
formerly Steved400

I don't know what the TA is, he only let me look at it for 1 minute and he wouldn't answer any questions.

On the junkyard guy; I offered 2K on the green Judge and 1.5 on the rusted gold one, I think he's holding out for twice the that but I'm playing hardball with him.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Steve good luck with those cars man that drives me nuts...soon there will be nothing to restore...

Old 01-04-2007, 11:19 AM
formerly Steved400

There will be nothing left to restore is SOOOO right, NOW is the time to make all your big moves towards those last purchases. Right now.

Over this next year the opportunist will be looking for those few left out there to rebuild and cash in at BJ or something similar. Holding out for bargains is not an option anymore, too few and far between.

Take for example this 69 Judge Rag that there is a slim chance could be bought. Even if you spent $10,000 on parts and let’s say $25,000 in labor to restore; maybe you do some of the labor and save a few dollars, you still end up with a 200K plus car at today’s prices. So you could theoretically offer the current owner 150K and still make 10k right off the bat. Hold it for another 5 years or so, and who knows what it will bring then? I don’t think the market will top for at least another 10 to 20 years.

Disclaimer: these may not be realistic figures, but just a starting point for discussion.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would run the PHS on those 71 "Judges" and "Trans Am" before offering any money. Can't tell from those pictures if they are for real? Not to many Judges or 69 Trans Ams in junk yards these days.

That is like leaving your nest eggs out for the taking? It is just not possible that these guys don't have access to ebay or internet to know what they are worth. But, who knows?

Old 01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
formerly Steved400

They are real, trust me.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Senior Chief

steve based on your own (sound) arguments why are you messing around with 2K 1.5K offers? offer the man 15-20K for all three to 'wow' him and be done with it!

i agree cars like these are not just 'sitting' in junkyards anymore. 1974 sure. 2007, not so much.... :-)

good luck!