Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-02-2021, 02:25 PM

BEWARE the default settings on CDT. Meagerly range of coverage with the default settings (is not the full camera range) and CDT will set them to the confines of a driveway installed AFTER the camera. Be sure to check the camera range settings. Unfortunately, an excellent system subverted by cheap limited coverage by beancounters looking to save hard drive space.

1972+ Lucerne Blue 4-door hardtop "what if" T-41 Le Mans Sport GT/Grand Am concepts. Equipped with future 3" journal "455 HO"/"what if" prototype "SD 455".
What if GM had continued production of the 1970-72 GM A body somewhere in the southern hemisphere?
Old 11-02-2021, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is all new to me. CDT? Thanks Bob

Old 11-03-2021, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a large company install and monitor my alarms. When the contract expired I looked around local and found a small company that was less than half the original rate. I like the company because they are pretty good at thinking things out. If my motion detection goes off without any exterior openings being breached they call me first because it probably is an animal or bird that got in. If an exterior door or window alarm goes off they immediately call the sheriff.

I've had the same company for 16 years and they haven't raised their rate. We pay $13 a month for the house and $13 a month for my remote garage on two stand-alone systems. Figured I'd go to the self monitoring system if they bumped my payment but they haven't.

Our nearest neighbor is a half mile away so we are pretty isolated. Always a pretty good feeling to get home and turn off the alarm and see "no alarms in memory". There is always a possibility that a bad guy could cut the phone lines and the alarm company may or may not call me on a simple loss of signal report so the tattletale readout helps.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had 3 estimates. 1st was large national co. 2nd was local co. They monitor their customers. Called 3rd co. from Pittsburgh. 1st was $1200 approx.2nd was $1500( since local I figured better response). $42 monitoring/mo. 3rd came today. The 3rd co just bought out 2nd co. The 3rds price was $45 monitoring but $419 one time fee for equipment. The rep said I'm covered with current electronic equipment. They have app for my phone. I compared what service I was getting
the 3rd co seems to have the same electronic coverage,doors,motion detectors,glass breakage. Sooo I signed with 3rd. Guardian. Thanks guys again