Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 07-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, all I gotta say is wow. We had to pull the motor out of the '66 Executive to replace the oil pump last week. In the process of putting the motor back in the starter squished the driver's side headpipe. It was the original single exhaust and needed replacing anyways. Took it over to my trusted exhaust guy yesterday morning and what I got back was a custom made 2.5" dual setup with the 50 series I asked for. I didn't want this car really loud as it is totally original besides the paint. I wanted to keep a factory appearance with the tailpipes and a subtle yet noticeable tone and I got exactly what I asked for. Car sounds awesome. Can't wait to take it on a long drive to see what it sounds like on the highway but it sounds great just driving it around town.

Old 07-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, all I gotta say is wow. We had to pull the motor out of the '66 Executive to replace the oil pump last week. In the process of putting the motor back in the starter squished the driver's side headpipe. It was the original single exhaust and needed replacing anyways. Took it over to my trusted exhaust guy yesterday morning and what I got back was a custom made 2.5" dual setup with the 50 series I asked for. I didn't want this car really loud as it is totally original besides the paint. I wanted to keep a factory appearance with the tailpipes and a subtle yet noticeable tone and I got exactly what I asked for. Car sounds awesome. Can't wait to take it on a long drive to see what it sounds like on the highway but it sounds great just driving it around town.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For me you can,t beat Flows, it,s the sound.
Delta 50,s sound great.
Have you heard the Super 40,s yet?

Old 07-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just the sound bytes on their website. Im going to redo the exhaust on my 4dr and I think Im going with them.