Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 09-22-2023, 10:30 AM

Default Web site Scam - Iowacity-autosales.com

I found this very well made website Iowacity-autosales.com that supposingly had a a 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am with 4105 miles for $36000 as well as Corvettes and other Classic cars. I called and left a message and a guy called back within 20 minutes. He was obviously from a different country (Middle East)? Not much knowledge about the car but he said he was just the salesman. When he said the car had been repainted that was the red flag I needed. Going to Iowa City Iowa's Better Business Bureau they have flagged this as a Web Site that has stolen a local business's identity. If you search for the real Iowa City Auto Sales you will find them out of business with a different phone number. The scam sites number is 319-600-6662. Too bad these people are out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1974-trans-am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2023, 11:34 AM
Senior Chief

Thank you for letting everyone know about this!

It is really a shame, but there are so many con artists, scammers & criminals operating on the internet. Whether it be this situation with the place in Iowa, what happened to me...Email adr. & accounts hacked so someone could setup a Uship account making it look like it was me to take advantage of my reputation or how insanely easy it is to contact a web hosting company, fill in one of their many templates & just like that you have a website to make it look like you are legitimate! Beware of any business website reviews that don't offer the ability for the customer to actually post reviews!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1957 Chieftan 2dr HT
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe
2007 Cad XLR-V Supercharged Roadster
Old 09-23-2023, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If someone answers a wanted ad look to see when they became a py member. Usually the same day. Red Flag

The Following User Says Thank You to beemergary For This Useful Post: