Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2018, 06:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Leon Dixon
Default Looking for my original 1968 GTO convertible

I am looking for my original 1968 GTO convertible I bought new in 1968. It was originally ordered from Viet Nam while I was there serving in the US Army. Yes, I still have the original order sheet that states it is ordered from Viet Nam. Color was Mayfair Maize yellow with black top and black interior. It was equipped with many special items including 8-track tape, 360 H.O. engine, hood tach Rallye II wheels AM/FM radio, Hideaway headlights, red splash liners and more. I got a set of prototype very early Mustang Mach 1 racing mirrors and had Packer Pontiac of Detroit paint them to match the car and it was the first GTO out on Woodward Avenue with racing mirrors... long before even the Mach 1 went on sale. I also had Milt Schornack at Royal Pontiac "Bobcat" the engine and as a final touch, since exhaust splitters were not available on '68 GTO, Milt at Royal rigged up a set for me anyway. It was the only 1968 GTO with exhaust splitters.

I kept this car for a few years and then sold it to concentrate on school when gas and insurance went nuts. I've missed the car ever since. I have the original Protecto-Plate and other items. Still have a set of Royal license plate frames and Bobcat stickers I never installed. Receipts from original service, etc. I last heard my car was somewhere in the Carolinas with a bad rear axle.

I would very much like to find this car no matter where or what condition it is today. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LEE1968GTO001.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	472806  

Last edited by Leon Dixon; 01-17-2018 at 06:12 PM.