1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Aghk...'87 FB pwr antenna and headlights both STB today

At the Woodward Cruise no less.

I can lift the kaput headlight with my hand, but it won't stay up (lamp is on) when I pop the switch. It had been a little droopy in the spring. I'm hoping this isn't a brain teaser repair.

Dadgum power antenna that has worked since Reagan was president will not stop running the motor, even when key is out of the ignition (!!) Pulled fuse #11, so that shut it up, but it is most certainly not fixed. What typically causes this, and does it mean a complete replacement? Stupid fender has to come off for the job, but I need to tickle out a dent anyway.

Appreciate any and all help you can give,

BOB

Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The antenna uses a flexible plastic cord that is attached to the electric motor to move the mast up and down. When the cord breaks the UP/DOWN limit switches don't activate and the motor runs continuously.

GM/AC Delco had a repair kit for about $20 but it was discontinued a couple years. The complete mast and tube assembly is still available but it costs around $175.

Sometimes the repair kits show up on Ebay and I've heard that some Corvette resto catalogs carry a reproduction now. The same basic power antenna setup was used from the late 70's to the mid 90's.