Old 06-27-2022, 03:58 PM

Default Fastener/Hardware Plating

Looking for suggestions on Plating companies that people have used and would recommend to refinish my fasteners/hardware that doesn't take weeks/months to turn around a box of fasteners. One that does silver (clear), yellow and black chromate. Thanks in advance

Old 06-27-2022, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've used Delta Specialty Coatings in Houston for about twenty years to cadmium plate steel carburetor components. You can ship to them and they will return ship. While I have probably 98% of my stuff done in silver (clear) cadmium they have also done gold and black zinc on steel for me and alodine on aluminum. They have a $95 minimum so it behooves one to send them a box full. They do not polish things they are industrial platers.

https://www.deltaspecialtycoatings.com/contact

You probably do not know me but while I have the last name as the owner, Mike Reeder, we are not related.

I came back and edited this the normal turn around I've gotten is three to four weeks. People like us are a side job to them they do gigantic stuff for NASA and offshore drilling suppliers, etc.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've used these guys with good results. He bought the business from Steve Gregori who used to own brakeboosters.com after he retired. (from memory - correct me if i'm wrong)

https://www.detailplating.com/

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.