THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:06 AM

Default Bad Wreck

My Daughter and my Granddaughter were on their way to my Daughters work 6:00am, came to the intersection she crosses everyday, and a guy T Boned them on the drivers side, Her Jeep flipped on its passenger side, skidded across the highway. Seatbelts worked, air bag worked, Granddaughter in a booster seat worked. She said she had a green light, and he said he didn’t know if he did or not. Her Jeep is totaled as is his Explorer. His suv hit them dead center and at my Granddaughters door. There were injuries but they will be ok in time. My Daughter requested to see camera footage and have his cell pinged.

This could have ended very differently for all 3 of them.....

Turned out he did in fact run a red light and no skid marks he never tried to stop slamming into them at at least 45mph. Her light showed green on camera, and she even paused before moving. Pretty scary stuff but that Jeep did it’s job protecting them.

Everyone be safe and stay well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3F541C48-9511-4CC4-9641-868EC365336F.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	593423   Click image for larger version

Name:	528AC1E8-6381-41C6-B716-F9FAC163B1A8.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	593424   Click image for larger version

Name:	92ED396A-6617-41E8-92F8-518728A5F7B5.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	593425   Click image for larger version

Name:	1E42CE30-1085-41A7-9211-48636126673F.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	593426   Click image for larger version

Name:	9AE746F9-6278-45CD-877B-CEFBB5770981.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	593427  

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-29-2022, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
My Daughter and my Granddaughter were on their way to my Daughters work 6:00am, came to the intersection she crosses everyday, and a guy T Boned them on the drivers side, Her Jeep flipped on its passenger side, skidded across the highway. Seatbelts worked, air bag worked, Granddaughter in a booster seat worked. She said she had a green light, and he said he didn’t know if he did or not. Her Jeep is totaled as is his Explorer. His suv hit them dead center and at my Granddaughters door. There were injuries but they will be ok in time. My Daughter requested to see camera footage and have his cell pinged.

This could have ended very differently for all 3 of them.....

Turned out he did in fact run a red light and no skid marks he never tried to stop slamming into them at at least 45mph. Her light showed green on camera, and she even paused before moving. Pretty scary stuff but that Jeep did it’s job protecting them.

Everyone be safe and stay well!
MA, thank God they survived. Care to place a wager that the other driver was on his cell phone?

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 06-29-2022, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad they are okay!

Folks need to slow down and pay attention.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank God they are ok. I would be willing to bet the other driver was distracted. By phone or other...

Old 06-29-2022, 11:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

always have a dash camera, people need to start being held accountable for there bad driving, its no joke anymore driving high is not even considered along with cell phone use

The Following User Says Thank You to imposter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2022, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
MA, thank God they survived. Care to place a wager that the other driver was on his cell phone?

At the time many people stopped to help get them out of her Jeep, as my Granddaughter was dangling from the Jeep being on its side, but as soon as the police arrived they all left the scene so no witnesses the guy who hit them was in his scrubs and ID Linyard around his neck, heading to the hospital, he did ask my Daughter if she was ok, while my Granddaughter was screaming she asked him to help get her out, he just walked away on his phone. The Police are checking to see if he in fact was on that phone when impact occurred. Being an Intern their phones are always blowing up with messages, maybe he was looking down at the phone at that exact minute who knows, until they investigate more, but those camera tapes tell the story and he told the police he didn’t know what color the light was.

No one was sited right away, until they reviewed the tapes. Now my Daughter has to replace her Jeep, and heal from this she’s an emotional wreck right now.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

The Following User Says Thank You to Firedup6975 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2022, 11:41 AM
Senior Chief

Thank God everyone is going to be ok physically. Hope you daughter and Granddaughter will not be traumatized from that terrible accident. As much as I hate dealing with the car seats for my grandchildren. I make sure we have the best and that they are securely fastened in.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
Thank God everyone is going to be ok physically. Hope you daughter and Granddaughter will not be traumatized from that terrible accident. As much as I hate dealing with the car seats for my grandchildren. I make sure we have the best and that they are securely fastened in.

Marianna is eight now so she’s in a booster seat her head hit and smashed out her side window and she has a concussion so they’re watching her and her eye sight. But it he booster did keep her locked in place, the rear hatch also popped open so luckily that seat kept her inside the Jeep.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-29-2022, 11:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Very glad they're all OK. Too bad all the witnesses scrammed. Back around 1989-1990, I was going through and intersection and a car full of kids skipping school ran a red turn light and appeared right in front of me. Didn't even have time to brake. I T-boned them right in the center of the passenger side. Totalled both cars but miraculously no injuries. They told police they had a green arrow but there were two witnesses who stuck around. One was a pedestrian and the other was the driver of the car directly behind them and both said they ran the light. I was very grateful they stuck around for me.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 06-29-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
Very glad they're all OK. Too bad all the witnesses scrammed. Back around 1989-1990, I was going through and intersection and a car full of kids skipping school ran a red turn light and appeared right in front of me. Didn't even have time to brake. I T-boned them right in the center of the passenger side. Totalled both cars but miraculously no injuries. They told police they had a green arrow but there were two witnesses who stuck around. One was a pedestrian and the other was the driver of the car directly behind them and both said they ran the light. I was very grateful they stuck around for me.

This is why the cameras are so important my Daughter insisted she had green, and now that the tapes are back and it’s confirmed she did and his light definitely was red she has a little piece of mind that it was all 100% his fault.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

The Following User Says Thank You to Firedup6975 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2022, 11:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A couple years ago a buddy convinced me to get dash cams. I have them in our DDs but I need one for the TA. Good things to have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhein For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2022, 11:53 AM
Senior Chief

Glad they are ok and she had a dash cam alcp

Old 06-29-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428goat View Post
Glad they are ok and she had a dash cam alcp

No she didn’t, the cameras were on the traffic lights at the intersection, all 4 ways.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-29-2022, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

MA, sorry to hear about this, I've of course met your daughter previously at Norwalk, and I'm glad everyone walked away relatively unhurt. Tell her the T Shirt guy said, glad they made it through the accident.....

Distracted driving is particularly bad with the people in the US seeming to think they have to have their phones on, and be paying attention to them every moment their eyes are open. Our phone are an addiction, if you let the instrument run your life, which many people do. Half the time I don't even have mine with me, it's at home resting....LOL

Years ago in Indianapolis I was a passenger in a pickup truck and the guy driving was exiting an interstate. He slows down on the ramp and "BAM" from behind us something hits the rear of his truck. Woman admits she was on her phone looking down and ran right into us, never braked at all on an off ramp......

I used to enjoy driving, but anymore it's a chore, rather than an enjoyable experience. You especially need to be paying attention to your driving, as well as all the idiots that somehow were able to get, and keep, their drivers licenses.

I'm not sure what the answer is, maybe if they made people such as this attend a real driving school after they've caused an accident such as this. Typically they may pay a fine, and the insurance company gets the big financial hit, they are back on he road again, and nothing changes.

As a fuel truck delivery driver later in my life, we had safety seminars constantly, driver improvement classes, that company was all about safety. I wish everyone on the road was made to attend one of these classes. It was a great opportunity to improve my driving skills. We actually had to get in a car with the instructor and drive, while he evaluated our driving, and critiqued it while we drove. One of the best ways to learn all the skills that can keep you out of mishaps, like what happened with your daughter, and grand daughter.

I guess that since humans can't be trusted to stay off of their phones while driving the manufacturers need to make some type of interlock that senses the driver has their phone on, the car won't run. It may be what it comes down to. It's like waving a loaded gun around while walking around in public, while your on your phone not paying attention to where it's pointed...........

BTW, looks like the Jeep did it's job of keeping the occupants safe during the collision, it's only a hunk of iron that can be replaced, sacrificed it's purpose, to save the human cargo......

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-29-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
MA, sorry to hear about this, I've of course met your daughter previously at Norwalk, and I'm glad everyone walked away relatively unhurt. Tell her the T Shirt guy said, glad they made it through the accident.....

Distracted driving is particularly bad with the people in the US seeming to think they have to have their phones on, and be paying attention to them every moment their eyes are open. Our phone are an addiction, if you let the instrument run your life, which many people do. Half the time I don't even have mine with me, it's at home resting....LOL

Years ago in Indianapolis I was a passenger in a pickup truck and the guy driving was exiting an interstate. He slows down on the ramp and "BAM" from behind us something hits the rear of his truck. Woman admits she was on her phone looking down and ran right into us, never braked at all on an off ramp......

I used to enjoy driving, but anymore it's a chore, rather than an enjoyable experience. You especially need to be paying attention to your driving, as well as all the idiots that somehow were able to get, and keep, their drivers licenses.

I'm not sure what the answer is, maybe if they made people such as this attend a real driving school after they've caused an accident such as this. Typically they may pay a fine, and the insurance company gets the big financial hit, they are back on he road again, and nothing changes.

As a fuel truck delivery driver later in my life, we had safety seminars constantly, driver improvement classes, that company was all about safety. I wish everyone on the road was made to attend one of these classes. It was a great opportunity to improve my driving skills. We actually had to get in a car with the instructor and drive, while he evaluated our driving, and critiqued it while we drove. One of the best ways to learn all the skills that can keep you out of mishaps, like what happened with your daughter, and grand daughter.

I guess that since humans can't be trusted to stay off of their phones while driving the manufacturers need to make some type of interlock that senses the driver has their phone on, the car won't run. It may be what it comes down to. It's like waving a loaded gun around while walking around in public, while your on your phone not paying attention to where it's pointed...........

BTW, looks like the Jeep did it's job of keeping the occupants safe during the collision, it's only a hunk of iron that can be replaced, sacrificed it's purpose, to save the human cargo......

Thank you Brad Norwalk was a longgggg time ago before a Granddaughter was even a thought lol. I will tell her though yes they were both buckled in and this could have been very bad all 3 are lucky to be here with non life threatening injuries. She is getting another Jeep when all the insurance stuff is settled.

BTW I was wearing my or I should say your T Shirt yesterday that says.....this Firebird is no chicken on the back, and several people complimented it. Yep I still have a few of them. . Thank you for the kind words for Miranda and Marianna.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7B7FC2FD-277E-4F12-91AC-3BC8CD291979.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	593436  

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, so glad they both survived. Scary stuff. Says a lot about the effectiveness of new car crash safety designs and features.

I hope they recover quickly without permanent injury.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Wow, so glad they both survived. Scary stuff. Says a lot about the effectiveness of new car crash safety designs and features.

I hope they recover quickly without permanent injury.

Thank you! Imagine how my heart sunk when she called me. Yes considering his speed was 45 to 50 at the time and all impact no skid marks at the scene her Jeep flipped on it’s s side skidded an entire 3 lans to the opposite side of the highway. Luckily no one in the other lanes at that moment. The gas tank even came off luckily didn’t explode she had just filled it the day before.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-29-2022, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Every year at Norwalk we still see the 15 different editions of our Pontiac T Shirts. We stopped selling shirts in 2012 so it's been 10 years since we closed down the T Shirt business, I guess they don't go out of style....

For anyone that hasn't seen the shirt MA is talking about, here it is:

FRONT

BACK

We met a lot of Pontiac fans during the 8 years we sold our shirts at Pontiac venues, it was a great experience. The problem was we never got time to see the shows, and races we attended, plus it was a lot of work setting up a booth, and tearing down after the event was over. Now we go to the event, and have time to see the cars, and watch the racing.....

Sorry for the hijack, that grand daughter has a great head of hair.....LOL

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-29-2022, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is one type of accident that can be prevented......When sitting
at an intersection or approaching an intersection, you have to ASSUME that somebody is in the process of running a red light. You have to scan down the roadway to look for somebody speeding or not slowing down to stop. I usually try
to look a block down the street in case some idiot is approaching going 100
miles per hour. Normally you might go years and never see somebody running the light, but then your diligence will wind up saving your life.Over my years of driving I've probably saved my life four times by assuming every intersection has a red light runner headed straight for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtohurstjudge For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2022, 02:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtohurstjudge View Post
This is one type of accident that can be prevented......When sitting
at an intersection or approaching an intersection, you have to ASSUME that somebody is in the process of running a red light. You have to scan down the roadway to look for somebody speeding or not slowing down to stop. I usually try
to look a block down the street in case some idiot is approaching going 100
miles per hour. Normally you might go years and never see somebody running the light, but then your diligence will wind up saving your life.Over my years of driving I've probably saved my life four times by assuming every intersection has a red light runner headed straight for me.
That's especially true when a light just turns green. Most people coming up on a red light that turns green speed up. When it just turns green is the most dangerous time. That's when I slow down and have my head on a swivel.