Old 05-15-2005, 10:54 AM

I hoping you guys might be able to help me with a slight problem I'm having. I've tried search many forums including this one and really can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Here's my dilemma...

I've got a 64' GTO which I've just replaced the stock radiator with a very nice BeCool setup, but the problem that I've run into is the temp sender. The BeCool setup has a certain sender that has to be used for the electric fan to operate correctly. The sender is the type that only sends its signal to come on/off at a certain temperature, which will make it worthless for a Water Temp gauge.

Now comes my question...

Once I install the BeCool sender into the stock location where am I supposed to mount the sender for my Water Temp gauge? Would there happen to be another location on the engine block that anyone knows of?

Sorry for the long post but I'm sorta stuck and need to get this issue solved, since summer slowly approaching

Old 05-15-2005, 10:54 AM

I hoping you guys might be able to help me with a slight problem I'm having. I've tried search many forums including this one and really can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Here's my dilemma...

I've got a 64' GTO which I've just replaced the stock radiator with a very nice BeCool setup, but the problem that I've run into is the temp sender. The BeCool setup has a certain sender that has to be used for the electric fan to operate correctly. The sender is the type that only sends its signal to come on/off at a certain temperature, which will make it worthless for a Water Temp gauge.

Now comes my question...

Once I install the BeCool sender into the stock location where am I supposed to mount the sender for my Water Temp gauge? Would there happen to be another location on the engine block that anyone knows of?

Sorry for the long post but I'm sorta stuck and need to get this issue solved, since summer slowly approaching

Old 05-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Drill and tap the other side of the cross over and mount one there.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:03 PM

Mr.Doran solved same problem Look between the Alt and waterneck thats a great spothttp://home.earthlink.net/~reginador...-3425_IMG.html

Old 05-16-2005, 02:47 PM

So there's no other place to mount the Temp Sender on the 64' engine block?

Bob W48 - I don't have the room to mount the send there, my raditor hose takes up the whole area.

Carl eh - Thanks for the photo, but thats where my stock location is, and I don't have the location that sit's on top of the intake manifold.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:36 PM

Jank, Something new,I thought 64,65,66 temp senders were all in the same spot huh,so no room for a tee,what about heater hose on the left of manifold this picture of a tri power has a brass fitting maybe tee off there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02_12_sb.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	23263  

Old 05-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Suspended

could use aftermarket on\ off switch that mounts on radiator fins or the one that goes into the hose nipple.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:17 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carl eh:
Jank, Something new,I thought 64,65,66 temp senders were all in the same spot huh,so no room for a tee,what about heater hose on the left of manifold this picture of a tri power has a brass fitting maybe tee off there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the photo...

I had room for a tee, but then I got the bright Idea of adding power steering and the darn alternator/bracket is in the way... but it's well worth the added hassel to have power steering

So I take it you can just twist off the heater hose tube?