Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-01-2021, 06:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default cap and rotor

have had no issues with the DUI cap and motor on my DUI HEI.
been in use for 9 years so far. very good quality products.

Gerry

1968 Firebird 400, 068 cam, TH400 & 13" Continental Converter, Auburn posi with 3:08 factory gears, Cliff's Q-jet resting on a 68 factory iron intake, DUI HEI and Ram Air pans and RARE Long Branch Manifolds
Old 10-01-2021, 07:51 PM

Default cap and rotor

X2 on what 68 Firebird says. Had my DUI since 2009 40,000 miles. No problems. Replaced cap and rotor last year as preventive maintenance.

FYI. They sell caps, rotors, pickup coils, modules, coils, wires and other parts seperately. Good service and good to deal with.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc View Post
Racing yesterday, 2nd time trial, tires hooked and slipped a few times at the launch. After shifting into 2nd gear the engine quit running. No spark.

Took cap off and saw this ( photo ). Took dist out and can't find anything wrong with it. Put an old rotor on and engine runs.

I wouldn't think the rotor would come apart just from spinning, without hitting something.

I thought the Standard Blue Streak DR-318 were the rotors to buy. Anyone else have problems with these and what do I purchase now for a new one.

Had it happen to me …. I thought it was a loose hold down screw. Chased the threads on the plate to be sure and put a dab of loctite on my screws now. Big rotor to sling around.

71 GTO, 463, KRE 295 cfm heads ported by SD Performance, RPM intake, Qjet, Dougs Headers, Comp cams HR 246/252 ...11 to 1 , 3.55 cogs, 3985lbs.....day three- 11.04 at 120mph ....1.53 60', 6.98 1/8 mile