Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:45 AM

Default Ames shipping has gotten much better

I can't say I order a huge amount of parts from anywhere on a consistent basis. However, I've been able to free up more cash the last couple years for my T/A. I do try to spend my money at suppliers that have dedicated their time, effort and resources to the Pontiac brand. Even if it means spending a few more dollars to do so. This isn't the case all the time. Sometimes it's just too much price difference. But Ames is always my first "go to".

I have noticed that the processing time to get my order picked, packed and to the carrier (UPS, USPS) has gotten much better the past year or two. Thank you Ames and PY for all that you do.

We all need to remember that once it's in the carriers hands there's absolutely zero that a vendor can do to speed up delivery. I avoid USPS whenever possible.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:56 AM

Agree, I have been ordering for the last 12 months and they seem to be getting things out very quick! Love Ames

Old 07-07-2021, 09:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ames was very accommodating with a recent order I placed. It was small parts that would have shipped USPS but I requested Fed Ex or UPS. No problem and no extra charge. Thanks guys.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:34 AM

USPS has a good idea with their "flat rate" boxes. Unfortunately they are too small for most items. Yes it's good to support a specialty vendor.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I buy almost exclusively from Ames. Last winter/spring things were a bit slower than usual, almost to be expected. I just recently made a couple of purchases several days apart. Both times packages showed up promptly. My only complaint (if I have to make one) is that I am in their 2 day shipping range. However that is from the day it hits the street. Factor in the order time, picking packing time etc. it is usually a 4 day turn around from the time I hit the send button until its on my door. Still not bad, but not 2 days.