Old 09-15-2021, 03:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talked to Steve today, got alot of great info, also appreciate tjs72lemans input, so this weekend im gonna give it the old college try..........not looking for perfect, but if i can just get that gap in the bottom of the lid a 1/8, im looking good.

Weird part no one ever notices this looking at the rear, only can see if you standing sideways by the car.

MUSLCAH.......your right on that .........im wondering why im even messing around, the car looked like this for the last 22 yrs. lol

Once again, thanks for the info ..........

Rich

Old 09-15-2021, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The ‘ ole block of wood set on top of the latch ( so the deck lid stays open ). Then get a friend on the right rear corner to just lean on that side so you can shove your end down….do light pushes and keep closing the lid to check and see if you got it….repeat and repeat until desired fitment is achieved….oldest trick in the book

Old 09-15-2021, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSLCAH View Post
The ‘ ole block of wood set on top of the latch ( so the deck lid stays open ). Then get a friend on the right rear corner to just lean on that side so you can shove your end down….do light pushes and keep closing the lid to check and see if you got it….repeat and repeat until desired fitment is achieved….oldest trick in the book
Yep.....had to use that method with my 67.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Click image for larger version

Name:	1647C430-E039-4B45-9AB6-380AB911FFDB.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	573116

Remove this latch…and stack 2x4s on that shelf …until you have about a height of 6 inches ..with the deck lid resting on the wood. Then have at it!

Last edited by MUSLCAH; 09-15-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well……….did yah get it done ?

Old 09-21-2021, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSLCAH View Post
Well……….did yah get it done ?
LOL, did i mention im old & slow, im gonna get to it..............then i"ll show you the results, thanks for the info again.

Rich

Old 09-24-2021, 09:19 PM

Is your trunk lid flush with the panel behind the rear window, or is it lower? If it's lower, you can put a thin washer between the hinge and the trunk on the bolts toward the front of the car, that will cause the trunk to be more flush at the back tail panel. I had a similar problem when I replaced the trunk molding on my '67.