Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Boost Engineer

I wish you luck on getting a EFI section. I asked for a "Boost Section" for 6 years with no luck. Eventually the PZ Guys created one and it was a good thing. A LOT of the PZ Guys migrated to PY when PY finally decided to do something.

I think that a "Split Section" with Boost and EFI being Equals but in the same Boost/EFI general category would be the best for now.

At The Turbo Forums, I am the MOD for the Advanced Tech Section. I pretty much run my own show there. PY is different. They have MODS looking at all sections and then they can still be over-ruled by Chris.

Let the MODS due their same job and have them look at posts binned in a EFI/ Boost portion of the Boost/EFI area IF it gets approved. Really would not care how it was labeled, just that it was added.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:54 AM

I would love to have an EFI section. I just install a Megasquirt on my 78 TransAm and I can use all the help I can get.
John

Old 09-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

I think that a "Split Section" with Boost and EFI being Equals but in the same Boost/EFI general category would be the best for now.

Tom Vaught
Think you are right Tom. All they need is to add a " / EFI " on the end of "Boost" and it would be more than adequate.

I'll also add that both PY Boost and PZ's Forced Induction sections are much "calmer" than some of the others and both good examples of people trying to help one another. Far less bickering IMO.

Sadly that other site's owner thinks I've spammed them and obviously doesnt want me there pointing out flaws in his false claims or quoting his own contradictions. Others have come back to PY simply because they happen to prefer a particular cylinder head and banned from the other site for trying to say something positive about them. Sad indeed.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, Guys,
Start posting your EFI set up and Questions.
I'll start by posting photos of my set up.
In a new thread..

Old 09-03-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
OK, Guys,
Start posting your EFI set up and Questions.
I'll start by posting photos of my set up.
In a new thread..
Great way to get things rolling, post up those new threads guys.

Right now all we need is a title change for this forum to make it official, I'm working on getting the forum admins to pull the trigger on that.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 AM

A big ME TOO for an EFI section

Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 PM

i would like to see an efi section, as that is why i just registered on this forum. i will be installing a mpfi system next spring, and would like as much info and input that i can get.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome aboard, What EFI are you thinking of using?
What is your engine combination?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would also be interested in a F/I forum that welcomes both mechanical and electrical approaches.

On the EFI side, I would like to see it go into retrofitting other OEM hardware (like a 1991 Ford 460 truck EFI system to a conventional Pontiac) as well as installing and using the aftermarket systems that are coming along.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Default Tripower EFI

A recent edition of Car Craft had an article about a tripower that was "converted" to EFI. It looked like a lot of work, but it also preserved that great look. If something like that was available in kit form, I'd be after one immediately.

Any ideas out there?

Old 11-02-2011, 06:14 PM

thanks ollie, i am running a non numbers matching 70 judge. orbit orange, 455 .30 over (462) #96 heads ported, hooker headers, full msd ignition, pro billet, and 6 al 2 box, line lock,not sure of cam duration, but it has a slight choppy idle, and around 11" vacuum, currently an 825 mighty demon carb, and edelbrock performer rpm, thats pretty much about it. 3.55 auburn rear diff. on bf t/a's. i was thinking about edelbrocks proflo 2 or a set up from fast, i also see that butler performance has a fast set up MPFI that i would be interested in.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Holley has what I believe are newly released EFI products
http://www.holley.com/Index.asp?division=Holleyefi

MSD makes a product announcement as well, here is the link
http://www.msdignition.com/

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 12-21-2011, 11:59 PM

got a BigStuff3 system on my 455, have taken it as far as I can go, and there is a lot of areas that I know could be done to improve starting and idle quality....love to see a EFI section to post up combos and maps, etc...

Old 01-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brought this up years ago, convertered my 'bird to EFi in 1999, did the East Coast Power Tour, and didn't hear anything back on the suggestion. I even went as far as aquiring the domain name efifiles.com to share config files, but it fizzled (lack of cash for hardware/storage). When it comes to sharing files, you would need a lot of space...

I'm for it, a section for Fuel Injection, or at least add it to the Boost section....

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finally visited the Boost section looking for EFI info. Very surprising that this thread was started last July, and really hasn't went very far. Considering the number of manufacturers that have entered the fray, I would also like to see a dedicated EFI section where we wouldn't have to sort through all the boost posts to find what results people have had with different units.

On a local level, we have several owners thinking about converting, but need more information before making the leap. It seems that from the limited reading I've done, some of the units don't tune well for idle and off-idle performance.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
...On a local level, we have several owners thinking about converting, but need more information before making the leap. It seems that from the limited reading I've done, some of the units don't tune well for idle and off-idle performance...
And you guys don't have to deal with cold starts either! Or altitude!

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
Finally visited the Boost section looking for EFI info. Very surprising that this thread was started last July, and really hasn't went very far. Considering the number of manufacturers that have entered the fray, I would also like to see a dedicated EFI section where we wouldn't have to sort through all the boost posts to find what results people have had with different units.

On a local level, we have several owners thinking about converting, but need more information before making the leap. It seems that from the limited reading I've done, some of the units don't tune well for idle and off-idle performance.
I agree that a separate section dedicated to EFI would be really nice. And, yes, even over the last 3-months, there has been more info out there about more companies releasing new fuel injection solutions or complete systems. And, I seem to be running across more info on people using old school mechanical fuel injection as well.