Old 07-16-2021, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Wanted to update this thread. I did end up going with one of the MSD solid state relays.

They really help clean up the wiring and I haven’t had an issue with run on.

One thing that wasn’t really covered here is that the solid state relay has a double amp rating on each channel for up to 8 seconds. That really makes it perfect for starting up loaded electrical items like a fan.

My flex a lite 188 requires 18 amps, but needs about 30 to start. The 20 amp channel it exists on will burst 40 amps to get it going.

It’s a pretty quality unit that is definitely buy again if I ever end up needing more channels. Honestly the hardest part is just working with the 4 gauge primary wire.

I also really like the led indicators on each channel that will tell you if there’s an overload, ground issue etc.

I’ve currently got my FiTech, ignition and fan on separate channels. I ran and terminated a channel into my cabin for future electronics there.