Old 07-29-2021, 03:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default EFI - Changing it up!

Hey!

Most of you know that i've run Megasquirt on my car for years, I think around around 20 or so. I've helped out in the early days with debugging and troubleshooting the early MS2 hardware (and software) and have evolved through to the MS3X platform now where i'm running a coil per cylinder, sequential fuel and full idle control. Well the time has come to do something even more different.

For a long time I've wanted drive-by-wire. While there is (yet another) box that you can hook into the Megasquirt canbus to give you DBW, I figured it was time to modernise so i've decided to run a Haltech Elite 2500 ecu as it does DBW natively out of the single box.

The feature set of Haltech and the rate of development of the products & software I couldn't ignore anymore. Plus i'm putting together a 4L80e which Haltech can now control using their IO Expansion box. Considering I currently have the MS3X and an IO Expander, I would have been looking at another Microsquirt to drive the 4L80e anyway (3 boxes, 4 if I got the DBW one).

Once I get all of the parts I need - currently waiting on some TXL & TEFZEL wire - i'll pull all my Megasquirt stuff out and start setting up the new rig with my new throttle body.

If I can find a 3-wire cruise control stalk that operates the various functions based on various voltages, with DBW and a brake pedal switch input, I can have cruise control too, which i'm also looking at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EngineWithDBW.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	570596  

Old 07-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like a cool project. Keep us updated on how it installs, and functions. Out of curiosity what elbow are you using? I may be getting ready to go LS style TB, cable driven though. Holley has some nice elbows but back ordered til November...