WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have enjoyed watching the price of these cars plummet in recent months to try move them. Unfortunately, I have been watching from the other side of the world and could not play... until right now. So I will be home in a few days and could pick one up on Friday. Figured I'd throw an offer via email on a stale unit at one of my local dealers and it was rejected with no counter offer! The explaination was that they didn't feel the value had dropped that much yet, and further, they felt that the limited availability of the 05 would actually INCREASE the value of the 04! WHAT!!!

Prediction: In 8 months, the remaining 05's will be heavily discounted and blown out to make room for the 06's... and some dealers will STILL have leftover 04's!

Anyway, I have emailed the same offer to about 10 dealers and we'll see. If I don't get one, I really don't care. I can wait for the good deals on the stale 05's, or just keep driving my beater Jag XJ6.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have enjoyed watching the price of these cars plummet in recent months to try move them. Unfortunately, I have been watching from the other side of the world and could not play... until right now. So I will be home in a few days and could pick one up on Friday. Figured I'd throw an offer via email on a stale unit at one of my local dealers and it was rejected with no counter offer! The explaination was that they didn't feel the value had dropped that much yet, and further, they felt that the limited availability of the 05 would actually INCREASE the value of the 04! WHAT!!!

Prediction: In 8 months, the remaining 05's will be heavily discounted and blown out to make room for the 06's... and some dealers will STILL have leftover 04's!

Anyway, I have emailed the same offer to about 10 dealers and we'll see. If I don't get one, I really don't care. I can wait for the good deals on the stale 05's, or just keep driving my beater Jag XJ6.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yea, you need to find better dealers. TByrne who owns TByrne Motorsports just picked up a yellow one for around $21K I believe.

If I weren't building a house I would buy one. Oh well.

on LS1GTO.com, some dealers are going $500 over invoice on 05's.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, I saw that post about 500 over invoice on the 05's, in fact used that bit of info on my response to this guy. He did come back with the admission that HE also thinks the prices are way high on the stale stock, but it was his managers decision. Will wait for the interest rate to drop on the 05's... 5.9% seems like highway robbery after seeing 0 for 72!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 455HOGT37:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Prediction: In 8 months, the remaining 05's will be heavily discounted and blown out to make room for the 06's... and some dealers will STILL have leftover 04's!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(red70goat) Prediction: 2007 there will be no GTO or it will be an "option" to the G6 or something. GM and the dealers will be to blame for this. 1/9/05 Salt Lake Tribune Coverage of Upcoming Utah Auto Show: Featured Pontiac : G6. No mention of the GM Monaro. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[/QUOTE] just keep driving my beater Jag XJ6.[/QUOTE]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(red70goat) XJ6 -Awesome car! My 740i is getting a bit tired and I'm looking to replace it. My neighbor has a primo 95 XJS Convetible that he's got up for sale. Absolutely pampered and original owner. Not the most practical car but a top down Jag is very tempting!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>