Old 07-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Senior Chief

Default new dash install???

just curious if anyone has installed one of the repo 2nd gen dashes the have been available. I would like to know if you had any fitment issues. Your opinion, would you purchase a second one if needed for another project. Or would you go the Just Dashes route.

thanks

Old 07-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

my buddy just had a just dashes done.i was there when fedex delivered it...

$1800 bux when said and done...and fedex wouldnt let him open the box til he signed...he told the guy to take a hike and opened it...

pretty impressive looking...but i just saw it on a table...it didnt seem fat like when they do a GTO pad..thats a lot of money...a lot

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 07-24-2016, 05:56 PM

I just started the install on the one I purchased. I have it in the car, and I am running the wires etc. Not perfect across the top of the dash, but everything isn't tightened don at this point. Everything fit in the face so far. I have not installed the bezel yet. A quick check looked like it is going to be a tight fit. I should be able to give a better update after next weekend. So far, not bad for the price.
Later, Bob C.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's too much money. Waiting to see what Al Knoch comes out with. They're pretty good at making adjustments, if needed.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrrregg!!! View Post
just curious if anyone has installed one of the repo 2nd gen dashes the have been available. I would like to know if you had any fitment issues. Your opinion, would you purchase a second one if needed for another project. Or would you go the Just Dashes route.

thanks
I've put a couple of the OER ones in and have not had any issues.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:29 PM

I've used just dashes and the OER. I think the fit and finish is better with the OER and it's less money. It is not perfect across the top. We got it a little flatter by using weight and a board along the lip. Still have a little wave but still better than just dashes.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Installed the OER piece - easily worth the money especially if you get on Classic's email list and jump on the 30% off sale.

Note that they are not supplying their wholesale customers (Ames) yet...