Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 03-10-2021, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Delaware City, DE Cruise Nights For 2021

Just in.....

Still at Kathy's Crab House. She'll be open April 15th and our 1st Cruise is April 25th. It's the 4th Sunday of April. So far only one cruise per month. Maybe one the 2nd Sunday in the future, but that's still to be decided.

If you ride on 2 wheels, your welcome to join us. The more the merrier.... and Kathy would love to see you too.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Might have to make a dry run this Saturday Gary, weather is supposed to be nice!

Old 04-26-2021, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

2021-04-26_08-33-31 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2021-04-26_08-32-09 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

Yesterday was a great day for a cruise and some steamed crabs! Weather was a bit cool, but much better than oppressive heat. A bit cloudy but the sun was popping out and no chance of rain. Fortunately that got out of the way overnight. I took a lot of pics but they are all Mopar and Camaro!! so I wont post. Only 1 PONTIAC that I saw. I know of at least 2 more guys that were there without their poncho's (wont mention names, LOL). Another great day, thanks to Gary

See you next month.

Old 05-04-2021, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey.... thanks Kerry for the photo with my new-to-me Jeep. LOL Hopefully the Cruise in May I'll have my GTO out.

BTW.. for the first Cruise Night of the season we had 90 cars. But we need more Pontiacs.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 06-30-2021, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation Heads Up!!!

August 22nd is the day for our annual St. Jude's Benefit car show at Kathy's Crab House in Delaware City this year.

Show time is 10am to 5pm. The band will plat from 2 to 4pm.
Admission is $20.00 per car
Spectators: $5.00 per person. Children under 8 free. Usually it's free but not this year because of the Kids at St. Jude.
There will be a Chinese Auction and a 50/50 raffle.

A special note: This years entertainment will be Club Phred. [www.ClubPhred.com] They play a variety music and are well know in Delaware and Maryland areas. They are also great fiends of mine, and you couldn't find a better bunch of people to play great music. And yes.. I am biased in my opinion. I've heard them play many times, and know them well. If you've ever been to THE GRAND OPERA HOUSE in Wilmington, DE when they have their big event in the Fall, you'll know who I'm talking about. They are the featured band.

If possible please come to this event. We need all the $s we can get for the Kids in need.

Side note.... check the Gallery in the Club Phred website. 2019 is the date to also click on. Do you know that guy? I do. LOL He has driven my GTO. Then on page 2 there is another fella playing the organ that I also know from another famous group of the 60s and 70s. He also the first person to ever ride in the back seat of my GTO. Hint... Mark and Felix.
Thank you.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"

Last edited by GT182; 06-30-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Time change for Aug 22nd. Show will start at 11am, as the restaurant opens at that time.

Trophies will be given out at 5pm.

Show will close at 6pm.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 08-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bump.....

Time changed again:

It is now from 10am to 6pm.

I do hope some of you can attend. I also need to see more Pontiacs attend to show Pontiac support.

Besides all that, we (not us putting on the show) meaning all of us need to help send St. Jude a great check this year to help the Kids. And yes I do know that it goes directly to St. Jude.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 08-05-2021, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to let those in the SE PA, MD, NJ, and DE, FM radio stations WVLT 92.1 in NJ and WDEL 1150 FM in Delaware will have the St. Jude info on the air. I've already heard it on 92.1 yesterday and today. Thank you Lou Costello. WDEL should have it on the air tomorrow. I talked to and sent Rick Jensen the info this afternoon. He's a friend of mine and said they will broadcast it.

I've also sent an email to John DeBella on WMGK 102.9 FM with the info asking them for their help to get the info out. I should hear from them sometime tomorrow. Hopefully. More news as I get it.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 08-22-2021, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sad to say but the Benefit was a flop, in the sense the number of cars and spectators. We only had 36 cars due to the weather. Hopefully next year will be better. It rained all around us and we just have a few sprinkles of rain for abut 20 minutes. The sun even came out a few times for a few minutes, only to have the clouds reappear. We should have had it yesterday. At least we made about $1100.00 for the kids. It's better than nothing.

As for the band, they were what saved the day. Music was great and all of us had a great time. As did the band. And they will be back again next year.

So thanks to any from the forums that came to the show. BTW.. we had 5 Pontiacs at the show. What was cool was an 04 GTO that came in parked next to my 66 GTO. And both cars being red. If I can get the photo off my phone I post it here.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 08-23-2021, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That really stinks. I saw your missed call and honestly havent even checked my messages yet. It rained hard here in Cecil ALL day. There was a brief hiatus around 2 for about 15 minutes but it started raining again. I would have sworn you called to say it was cancelled, reason I didnt bother to check the vm.

Old 09-26-2021, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to let everyone know:

Our last Cruise Night of the year will be October 24th, 2021. Time: 12 noon to 5pm, due to the Fall season and it getting darker sooner.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 09-27-2021, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation Cruise For A Cure

Nothing do do with us, but there's another Benefit show at Kathy's Crab House in Delaware City on October 2nd. It's for Scleroderma in memory of Al Crowl. $20 in advance or $25 the day of the show. Time is 11am to 4pm.

I hope to see some of you there. I volunteered to help them out. But I'm still paying to get my car in.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"