Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2021, 09:45 AM

Question Anyone here running a Breakerless SE ignition?

I know this has been asked before in other forums, but I have a few questions that might be T/A specific.

Looking to upgrade the factory points on my 70 TA to a Breaklerless SE setup

Tried emailing Breakerless (M&H Electric) direct, but have yet to get a response

1) Does it work with the factory tach?
The Breakerless website says it will work with factory tachs and some on other forums have confirmed this, but I know our tachs are a little more finicky and just wann abe sure.
The previous owner of my other 70 TA fried the tach when he tried to connect an MSD box and that's the last thing I wanna do with this car.

2) If it does in fact work with the factory tach, would I also be able to run an RPM switch using the same tach signal without buggering things up?
My plan is to install an RPM activated switch to trigger a hidden shift light like I do with my other cars (see vid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLTr1Wyk7uM

I'll most likely use the parking brake switch with a diode to light up the BRAKE light on the dash

3) Does the Breakerless SE use an off the shelf module?
From what I see, it looks somewhat similar to a standard GM type module, but with a raised optical sensor

Just curious if they used an actual production unit that can be easily sourced in the event of a failure

4) I see several Breakerless setups being sold through Jegs, Summit, Ames, American Autowire, Lectirc Limited, etc., etc.

Are these all made by M&H Electric?