Old 06-11-2021, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairwayhit View Post
I drill two holes in the full gallon paint lid. 180degrees opposition of each other. Stir your paint put the lid with the holes on it and pour out of one of the holes.

I use the 3m pps liners instead of the mixing cups. I use a strainer when I pour into the pps liner and I take the screen out of the pps liner

Then I just use some bolts of the same size as the holes in the gallon lid and screw them in to seal the lid back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been using that trick for years. It works. I use sheet metal bolts, like a scrap fender bolt, so I can drill a small hole and let the bolt self thread for a tight fit.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I use the 3M PPS system also so I might try the paint can lid trick. Normally I use small disposable scoops and scoop out of the gallon can into the PPS liner and count scoops for my ratios, kind of a slow process though.

Or, since it will take me three months or more to use all the primer maybe I'll divide it into quarts and poke holes in the quart lids.

Good ideas, thanks everyone.

BTW ... what type of paint are the screens in the PPS lids intended for? The majority of paints I've sprayed won't flow through it fast enough to feed the gun so I usually remove them.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

3 months is not at all a problem for the epoxy or activator in their gallon containers. If you wanted to extend the life of the activator, you could use the quart cans but even in the gallon container, it's good for a couple of years. The epoxy itself will last a very long time in the gallon can. Way longer than the activator. You are going to have to stir the epoxy well whether it's been in a quart or gallon and goes pretty fast in the gallon can with a drill and mixing rod. If it's only sat in the can a few days, it stirs easy with a stick.

If you already bought metal quart cans, I would suggest saving them for your paint.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In the meantime I'm going to hand shake the gallons every couple of days