Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:24 PM

Default Ames should put more effort into handling returns and credits in a timely manner

I have been dealing with Ames for decades. Sometimes small stuff but a fair amount of orders during times of restoration. All said I've been very satisfied pretty much except when it comes to making a return and waiting for a return credit. You need to step it up a bit, guys..................................

Chemnick :old:

Old 05-08-2020, 08:27 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnick View Post
I have been dealing with Ames for decades. Sometimes small stuff but a fair amount of orders during times of restoration. All said I've been very satisfied pretty much except when it comes to making a return and waiting for a return credit. You need to step it up a bit, guys..................................

Chemnick :old:
I'm actually quite surprised to hear this. Even with the current situation, most returns are completed within a week of receiving. As far as making a return is concerned, we have one of the most generous policy's in the industry. Please PM me with some more info, I'd be very interested to assist you and hear what issues you might've had.

Last edited by AMES-TECH; 05-08-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:44 AM
Senior Chief

Never had a problem with returns and return credit.

The Following User Says Thank You to 428goat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Senior Chief

I was installing the chrome pieces that hold the weatherstrip on the quarter windows for my 70 Lemans. The chrome was coming off in big slivers. I called sent pictures and received a return authorization and shipped them in. I had new ones in about two weeks delivered (APRIL 2020). Being in sales myself I was pretty happy with the service and return as there are processes that have to be done to get credit from Ames vendor. They did question on the phone call why it took a year to install..... But just trying to get a larger order for best shipping.
Also needed instructions for hooking up my hood tach that was purchased awhile ago and called with in minutes they emailed the PDF and no issue. I will continue to purchase from AMES and this forum is also one of the reasons. I am a low maintenance customer and this is really the only things I needed extra from Ames and they did a very reasonable job of good service.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:45 AM

Default Situation Resolved

I feel it only fair to repost that following the response I received, the matter was resolved in just a few days. Being an in-state customer, the shipping time is quick and perhaps something unforeseen may have happened. I would not say I would let it damage my business relationship with Ames at all. Sometimes a return policy is mistakingly understood to be "days" and not "business days" as well.

Chemnick