Old 12-13-2020, 03:58 PM

Default Possibly the earliest known 1969 judge?

I have acquired a pretty unique 1969 gto judge ram air III car with an incredibly early build date of (1 B) this is a non pattern judge as well. I’m looking for some credible knowledge and insight on what I think may be a bit special car. My limited knowledge shows that by vin number it precedes any other earliest known judge I can find on any registry’s by over a 100 sequential vins..
Brief car history
This is a one registered owner car. I purchased the car from the original owner. The car was sold new in Ontario Canada and was never more than 3 hours distance of the original selling dealer location. Included with the car was, the original dealer invoice, the protecto plates, Warrantee booklet, GM heritage certificate and latest current registration in the original owners name. I have no current intention of registering the car in my name just to keep the story alive of it being a true one registered owner car for now. The car is all original unrestored 48,000 mile survivor with the exception of one exterior repaint, that never received any repair or patch work just an exterior refresh. The jambs and inners I believe are still all original paint. It still has OG real polyglass tires on it as well. This is a bench seat 4 speed(m21) in dash tach, 3:55 posi and the car still drives like new. It still has its original lower plastic air dam and the very early ram air under hood cable slide assembly that I have never seen in person before. I’ll include pics of the cowl tag, GM doc if anyone is interested giving me their feed back on this little buggy. Thank you in
advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DAF0ECF1-F5AE-46FB-80AB-78EE6C1E9CB4.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	556097   Click image for larger version

Name:	D682E614-67AC-475A-8916-AC0A550622A3.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	556098   Click image for larger version

Name:	9B586E29-3FC5-4C37-A086-94BCB09739A1.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	556099   Click image for larger version

Name:	6491D0E3-236D-4E5C-9221-B671173C8D84.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	556100  

Old 12-13-2020, 05:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Beautiful...

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 12-13-2020, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Reading this thread and the link in my post #15 will help you, maybe.

http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....d.php?t=779929

Old 12-13-2020, 05:47 PM
Senior Chief

Great find on a beautiful CR Judge! Is the original spare still in the trunk and is it a blackwall?

Old 12-13-2020, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can you post the Protect-O-Plate?
Look for the buildsheet?

The PHS would show the number for the 'Pattern Judge' along with the buildsheet. The Canadian doc doesn't look like it has it.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-13-2020, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice find!

Document you posted shows M20 trans. Wide Ratio.
Baltimore build

What are the dates on the wheels?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The PHS would show the number for the 'Pattern Judge' along with the buildsheet.

Just remembered that the Pattern Judge patterns would be bucket seats. This being bench it would not be a pattern Judge.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
The Following User Says Thank You to johnta1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Church View Post
Great find on a beautiful CR Judge! Is the original spare still in the trunk and is it a blackwall?
I have not removed from the trunk but I have no reason to believe it’s not the original. I’ll get pictures of it when I move it from Storage again. If you like.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepontiacman View Post
Nice find!

Document you posted shows M20 trans. Wide Ratio.
Baltimore build

What are the dates on the wheels?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
I’ll check out the wheel dates next time I visit it in storage.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Look for the buildsheet?

The PHS would show the number for the 'Pattern Judge' along with the buildsheet. The Canadian doc doesn't look like it has it.

Protecto plates pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	264E2AA2-C443-4661-94F9-CAC2A88C6CE6.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	556111   Click image for larger version

Name:	3E9AACAB-2402-4E9E-BF34-09D07198E160.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	556112   Click image for larger version

Name:	7B63188C-65FF-4FEB-811F-98C0FEF70D68.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	556113  

Old 12-13-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Look for the buildsheet?

Where would you suggest the most likely place to find the build sheet on a Baltimore car?

Old 12-13-2020, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice car and would love to see it in person (details). What state are you in and will you be at the GTO nats in Wisconsin Dells with her?

Old 12-13-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Very nice car and would love to see it in person (details). What state are you in and will you be at the GTO nats in Wisconsin Dells with her?
In the unlikely event crossing bordered becomes possible without current hysteria I would love to attend.

Old 12-13-2020, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrons69 View Post
I have acquired a pretty unique 1969 gto judge ram air III car with an incredibly early build date of (1 B) this is a non pattern judge as well. I’m looking for some credible knowledge and insight on what I think may be a bit special car. My limited knowledge shows that by vin number it precedes any other earliest known judge I can find on any registry’s by over a 100 sequential vins..
Brief car history
This is a one registered owner car. I purchased the car from the original owner. The car was sold new in Ontario Canada and was never more than 3 hours distance of the original selling dealer location. Included with the car was, the original dealer invoice, the protecto plates, Warrantee booklet, GM heritage certificate and latest current registration in the original owners name. I have no current intention of registering the car in my name just to keep the story alive of it being a true one registered owner car for now. The car is all original unrestored 48,000 mile survivor with the exception of one exterior repaint, that never received any repair or patch work just an exterior refresh. The jambs and inners I believe are still all original paint. It still has OG real polyglass tires on it as well. This is a bench seat 4 speed(m21) in dash tach, 3:55 posi and the car still drives like new. It still has its original lower plastic air dam and the very early ram air under hood cable slide assembly that I have never seen in person before. I’ll include pics of the cowl tag, GM doc if anyone is interested giving me their feed back on this little buggy. Thank you in
advance.
Great car Byron

Old 12-14-2020, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Where would you suggest the most likely place to find the build sheet on a Baltimore car?
Typically - on top of the fuel tank, under the seat, under the carpet, inside the door trim panels.

Less likely - above the headliner, behind the instrument panel top pad, or rolled up in some random, forgotten location (like behind any A pillar trim).

In summary: anywhere that was built up on a remote feeder line and then conveyed in sequence to the main/final line.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 12-14-2020, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No one has ever found a Buildsheet in a 69 GTO (or Judge) from Baltimore.
So the chances are 0.000000001 %

That is truly an incredible Judge with a storybook lineage.
Definitely a proud car to own.
Hats-Off Congratulations !
Only a handful of 1B Judges known

Appears it was kept/used on Display for a little while before they sold it.
PoP dated in mid-April which is quite a spread.
They were released for sales in USA in early'ish February

Is the original owner still alive ?
His stories and accounts from Day1 and how he came to be the buyer of the car would be extremely interesting.
Although the option content seems more like a frugal hand picked customer order , i doubt anyone would have wanted to wait 2.5 months before taking the car from the dealer if they had ordered it themself.
But i suppose a slim chance of that is possible - in Canada - if roads are still bad until mid-April. idunno

Here is the other 1B Baltimore Judge that went to Canada.

A PY member owns/or owned this car - but i forgot who that was.
They blacked out the last 3 digits so cannot say if yours is before or after this one - but they had to be very very close.
This one seems to possibly predate yours - Jan 23 Invoice
Without further VIN input from this owner, we would have to look at the PHS invoice number and invoice date - if you ever purchase PHS for your Judge - and compare which is lower invoice number.

Thank you very much for sharing your Judge with us

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	69 Judge NOT Pattern Canada 1B.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	556152  

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 12-14-2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Neat car!

Here is some info from my collection of factory documentation on almost 500 1969 Judges and how yours fits in...

The earliest Judges by plant by trim tag date...
Atlanta, Baltimore and Fremont = 01B
Framingham and Arlington = 01C
(Pontiac home plant only began A body production in mid april)
(only about 90 of my Judges have a trim tag date, so there could likely be earlier dates)

So your car is built in the second week of January, matching the week of several other Judges I have in my listing.

As for shipping date I have 2 cars from Baltimore and one from Framingham shipped the same date as yours but none earlier
(note that Judges shipped to Canada tended to be shipped out earlier - I suspect due to extra shipping time if they were planning a synced announcement date)

As for VIN sequence you can only compare cars from the same plant (the sequential part of the VIN was for all V8 Pontiac's built in that specific plant, in the case of Baltimore they only built A bodies for Pontiac as well as many other GM brands)
I have two cars with a VIN sequence earlier than yours (one is about 250 earlier, the other 200, given that they seem to have built about 400 Pontiac V8 Abodies a day then they might of all been built within a day of each other), I also have a bunch more with VIN's slightly higher than yours (within 400) so looks like they built a bunch in that second week of January.

Lastly in terms of early non-pattern Judges...
Surprisingly most plants built some non-pattern cars right from the beginning of Judge production. I have examples from Baltimore, Framingham and Fremont of non-pattern judges on day one of Judge shipments including the earliest VIN car from Baltimore. What makes your car unique is that the other early non-pattern Judges tend to be close to pattern (addition of Hideaways or an 8 track or tinted windshield only etc), yours is quite different...bench seat, no console, no deluxe belts, no tinted glass, no remote mirror and a dash tach instead of a clock and hood tach.

Beautiful and unique survivor car!

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 12-14-2020, 10:41 PM

Congrats Byron! Incredible Judge!

Don't be shy about posting pics! Would love to see as many as you're willing to post!

Old 12-15-2020, 12:03 AM

Gorgeous judge, great find. I absolutely love this with a bench seat. So unusual

Old 12-15-2020, 02:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

OP - nice score.

BVZ:
No one has ever found a Buildsheet in a 69 GTO (or Judge) from Baltimore.

Did you mean only Judges? My ordinary '69 from Baltimore has build sheet under the rear seat tucked between springs and cushion. Tried to remove it years ago but it's very fragile and was breaking up so I left it. Still there along with the sections I did remove stored away. It's a fairly late build - 3rd week July if that matters. Just curious.
Mark O.