Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-06-2003, 11:57 AM

This board has given me the confidence to finially dig into my 74 T/A 455 after owning it for 13 years.I need a little help to meet my goal. Im starting with stock 74 455/TH400/8:1/stock converter/4x heads/non a/c/stock intake/067 cam/3.08 gear. I want to bring this thing to life for street only use. I plan to put on lightly ported 4x heads off a 400 to bring compression to9:1+ and still look stock.Now comes the cam, been considering the Nunzi 2041 and Crower 90216 based on posts from this board. Would like your thoughts. One more thing, I want to try to use the stock exhaust manfolds. Is this a bad idea? The pipes are 2.25" with a Flowmaster crossflow. Thank you.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:57 AM

This board has given me the confidence to finially dig into my 74 T/A 455 after owning it for 13 years.I need a little help to meet my goal. Im starting with stock 74 455/TH400/8:1/stock converter/4x heads/non a/c/stock intake/067 cam/3.08 gear. I want to bring this thing to life for street only use. I plan to put on lightly ported 4x heads off a 400 to bring compression to9:1+ and still look stock.Now comes the cam, been considering the Nunzi 2041 and Crower 90216 based on posts from this board. Would like your thoughts. One more thing, I want to try to use the stock exhaust manfolds. Is this a bad idea? The pipes are 2.25" with a Flowmaster crossflow. Thank you.

Old 01-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you're interested in doing some decision making on your own, check out

www.pontiacwarriors.com

Go to the "Engine Dyno Simulations". It's a good start on comparing a variety of engine/head/cam combinations. He states that the numbers are conservative, so, in theory, you may get more out of a specific setup. I believe he's got a simulation for the same cams and heads you're considering for your 455.

I've been looking at his posted data myself for a 400 that I'll be building this year. Of course I'll get second opinions from some local Pontiac experts before I do anything.

Matt