THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2023, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Pontiac road trip in June to Tennessee

So I've been seriously toying with the idea of moving to Tennessee. Rather than flying down, I'm driving down so I have the freedom to explore without any time tables.

That said, theres two events going on in June that interest me. The Bandit Run, and Pontiacs at Pigeon Forge.

I know about the Bandit Run. Seems like they're doing it differently this year, and only staying within the state. Works well for me, as it's the state I'm looking at.

What's the deal with Pontiacs at Pigeon Forge? How big is the show usually? I see it's a two day event, indoor and outdoor. Both events are a week apart from each other. I had planned on staying down there a week, so basically I need to choose between the two.

I'm looking at the Knoxville area, so I'm learning towards going down the week of the Pigeon Forge show, but I'm open to either one. Any suggestions?

I'd be taking my 77 W72 Y82 I drug out of the woods in Maine after sitting 27 years. Figured it be cool to road trip it before I blow it apart and it goes on the rotisserie. Should be about a 2500-300] mile round trip depending on where I go and how much I explore.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
The Following User Says Thank You to 72projectbird For This Useful Post: