THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Senior Chief

Default Poncho Perfection Magazine

Anybody know what's going on over at Poncho Perfection? Back in October this thread led me to subscribe to the magazine. I subsequently received three issues, in Oct., Nov., and Dec. then nothing. I know they went to a bi-monthly publication, but it's coming up on the middle of March which makes it three months since I've gotten anything.

In the last two weeks I have e-mailed them, left a message via their contact page on the website and tried calling them but, nothing. As someone who got burned when HPP took my subscription money then ceased publication I find this lack of communication... disturbing.

I did get an e-mail from "Cruising Tigers" which had a link to an online copy of the magazine but I paid for a print subscription and frankly have no interest in reading the mag online. I would never have subscribed if that was the only option.

Anyway, can someone enlighten me? I guess my next step, if I don't get a magazine or some kind of assurance from Mr. Keefe, is to attempt, probably futilely given the time that has passed, to do a charge back on my credit card. I really hope that's not necessary but if it is, oh well.

God knows where I'm goin' to, but me... I don't care."
Old 03-09-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardk View Post
Anybody know what's going on over at Poncho Perfection? Back in October this thread led me to subscribe to the magazine. I subsequently received three issues, in Oct., Nov., and Dec. then nothing. I know they went to a bi-monthly publication, but it's coming up on the middle of March which makes it three months since I've gotten anything.

In the last two weeks I have e-mailed them, left a message via their contact page on the website and tried calling them but, nothing. As someone who got burned when HPP took my subscription money then ceased publication I find this lack of communication... disturbing.

I did get an e-mail from "Cruising Tigers" which had a link to an online copy of the magazine but I paid for a print subscription and frankly have no interest in reading the mag online. I would never have subscribed if that was the only option.

Anyway, can someone enlighten me? I guess my next step, if I don't get a magazine or some kind of assurance from Mr. Keefe, is to attempt, probably futilely given the time that has passed, to do a charge back on my credit card. I really hope that's not necessary but if it is, oh well.

Try and message Don Keefe. He is a member here, it’s his magazine. I’m friends with him on Face Book, I’ll send him a message there about your post here.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 03-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Suspended

Hmmm... Myself and a couple of people I know talked to him very recently.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:38 PM

Richard, I just let him know.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 03-09-2019, 08:39 PM
PY VIP

Quote:

I have been on deadline for three magazines in two weeks and have not had time to respond to this. The February issue of Poncho Perfection went out late but it was mailed out. If you do not have it in the next few days, please send me an email to donaldjkeefe@aol.com, which is my personal email address. My apologies for the delay.

Founding Editor-in-Chief, Poncho Perfection Magazine (October 1, 2015- present)
www.ponchoperfection.com
Contributing Editor: Collectible Automobile (1999- present)

Author:
"Grand Prix: Pontiac's Luxury Performance Car" (Released April 27, 2007)
"How to Restore Your Pontiac GTO" (Released July 15, 2012)
"Pontiac Concept and Show Cars, 1939-1980" (Release Date April, 2016)

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
Old 03-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Senior Chief

I’m a digital subscriber, the last few months my fee has been deducted from my account but I haven’t been able to log in. I Emailed Don and the way I understood his reply was my money would be refunded , which so far it hasn’t, and I would have to join Crusin Tigers and pay the yearly fee. I have no desire to do that. I stopped the automatic monthly payments so I wouldn’t be out any miore money.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Try and message Don Keefe. He is a member here, it’s his magazine. I’m friends with him on Face Book, I’ll send him a message there about your post here.
I've called, emailed and left a message on the website and haven't got a reply, so I doubt a PM on here is gonna do much but maybe I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Richard, I just let him know.
Thank you.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:46 PM
PY VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
I’m a digital subscriber, the last few months my fee has been deducted from my account but I haven’t been able to log in. I Emailed Don and the way I understood his reply was my money would be refunded , which so far it hasn’t, and I would have to join Crusin Tigers and pay the yearly fee. I have no desire to do that. I stopped the automatic monthly payments so I wouldn’t be out any miore money.
Ann has been handing the refunds but has been sick with a sinus infection for the past three weeks and got behind. We will be resuming the refund processing next week. We are a mom and pop outfit with just the two of us in the office. When deadlines hit and people get sick, things fall behind.

www.ponchoperfection.com

Author:

Old 03-09-2019, 09:11 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Keefe View Post
I have been on deadline for three magazines in two weeks and have not had time to respond to this. The February issue of Poncho Perfection went out late but it was mailed out. If you do not have it in the next few days, please send me an email to donaldjkeefe@aol.com, which is my personal email address. My apologies for the delay.

Thank you Don. I didn't want to jump the gun here but like I said after getting burned by HPP I was a little nervous. I do enjoy the magazine and am looking forward to getting the next issue; should it not show up in a week or so I will let you know.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Keefe View Post
Ann has been handing the refunds but has been sick with a sinus infection for the past three weeks and got behind. We will be resuming the refund processing next week. We are a mom and pop outfit with just the two of us in the office. When deadlines hit and people get sick, things fall behind.
I understand perfectly,no problem.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man - you reminded me of the HPP debacle. I paid for a multi-year subscription the same month they sold out. My hot rod subscription finally ran out recently.

I guess I should be happy that they didn’t sell out to “cat fancy.”

Old 03-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wondered what happened. Wasn't aware of the bi-monthly change and hadn't got one since last year. Glad it is still publishing.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So whats coming is the Jan-Feb issue??

Old 03-10-2019, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
Same thing happened to me. I’d like to be able to log in to see the past issues I paid for...not looking for a refund just access.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
Same thing happened to me. I’d like to be able to log in to see the past issues I paid for...not looking for a refund just access.
Same here. Money was taken out every month but unable to download the mag.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 03-10-2019, 01:36 PM
PY VIP

We are refunding everyone as of March 1st for the digital version of the magazine. That is the date that the digital archive was dropped from our online distributor. We will be posting the entire archive on the Cruisin Tigers Pontiac Club website but in the meantime, you can sign up now for a membership to the Cruisin Tigers Pontiac Club and we'll send you the current digital issues of Poncho Perfection and Tiger News as downloadable pdfs.

When we gave the distribution company our 30 days notice, they dropped us immediately, which was not our plan. We will have the digital archive up and running as soon as possible but we couldn't justify charging people when they are not able to access the archive. Unlike what happened with HPP, we ARE giving out REFUNDS. We are also asking people to support the magazine and the hobby by joining at www.cruisintigers.com. We will keep you posted about updates as they happen.

www.ponchoperfection.com

Author:

Old 03-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There is a reason Don is a PY VIP. Straight answers from a class act that loves Pontiacs. Wish we had more like him!

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
Old 03-10-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I've called, emailed and left a message on the website and haven't got a reply, so I doubt a PM on here is gonna do much but maybe I'll give it a try.

Thank you.

No problem, I saw your post was also on FB and knew he was on at the time.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 03-10-2019, 02:50 PM
PY VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73LeMans View Post
There is a reason Don is a PY VIP. Straight answers from a class act that loves Pontiacs. Wish we had more like him!
Thank you for the kind words, it is much appreciated.

www.ponchoperfection.com

Author:

Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
No problem, I saw your post was also on FB and knew he was on at the time.

Ummmm... it was? I didn't put it there since I don't facebook.

Anyway, thanks again for helping to make the connection.