67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:55 PM

There seems to be a concensus forming that its a RAIII car.

69 Firebird Convertible #s Matching
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l&media=image/

67 RS Camaro
http://www.camaros.net/showroom/show...0&ppuser=14826
Old 06-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's the vin?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-24-2008, 07:42 PM

It is indeed a RAIII car.

Here ya go...from the other site:

Well, my friend contacted PHS yesterday and got back the information packet. Turns out the car is a RA III car. He is a little disappointed, but still happy none the less. The original owner says he thinks he still has the original air cleaner, but no carb.

Now that he really knows what he's got, he'd like some opinions on the original question, what's an original 69 TA, RA III, 4 speed, 54,000 mile survivor car worth these days?

Thanks,
Mike

67 RS Camaro

Last edited by 69RagTopBird; 06-24-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile 69 TA

i agree........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge View Post
It looks like a darn nice original RAIII car to me.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Imagine that!!! He's a little dissapointed that it only a 50,000 dollar car. He was hoping he was ripping the original owner out of a 200,000 car!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:10 PM

Default D80

PHS For what???? That would just say RAIV or RAIII. Didn't anyone notice the 50 50 Paint & the D80 on the body tag?????????? Still confirms a Cameo White car w/ REAR SPOILER. Ever see a regular Bird with D80??? I think not!!!!! I just felt like being a wise A$$.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king View Post
Imagine that!!! He's a little dissapointed that it only a 50,000 dollar car. He was hoping he was ripping the original owner out of a 200,000 car!
I suppose to some extent i would be disappointed as well. If i was told originally that it was a RAIV car my speculation and hopes would be sky high for what i had found. But obviously would still be thrilled and consider myself extremely lucky to have found such a car even though it not RAIV.

As far as ripping the original owner off?? I dont really see it that way. I guess the way i look at is the guy should take a little initiative and look into what its really worth before he sells it. If he doesnt... then i guess he asks and gets what he thinks is a good price. If the seller is happy with 20k i guess its a win-win.

67 RS Camaro
Old 06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

has he checked to see if it has the numbers matching engine?The engine has been out im sure as the color is not correct.That is a big part to the value of the car IMO.Also the upper RA stuff along with the carb.What are carbs going for theses days>I know I dont have the correct carb for my numbers matching car-engine and was not willing to pay the price for one.Just too many unknowns to give a fair value.I would work backwards,what is a completetly correct numbers matching III 4 speed restored car worth then start deducting for the parts that are not correct or missing and then add a restoration.Tom

Old 06-24-2008, 09:00 PM

Is a restored numbers RAIII 4 speed car with 54k original miles worth 90-100k??

67 RS Camaro
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69RagTopBird View Post
I suppose to some extent i would be disappointed as well. If i was told originally that it was a RAIV car my speculation and hopes would be sky high for what i had found. But obviously would still be thrilled and consider myself extremely lucky to have found such a car even though it not RAIV.

As far as ripping the original owner off?? I dont really see it that way. I guess the way i look at is the guy should take a little initiative and look into what its really worth before he sells it. If he doesnt... then i guess he asks and gets what he thinks is a good price. If the seller is happy with 20k i guess its a win-win.
YOU WOULD???? Cmon Craig you have got to be kidding RIGHT??? The seller will not be happy when he finds out and thats not a WIN WIN....IM not trying to get in a pissing match with you but i call them as i see them and sometimes my honesty get me in trouble. But with that being said you can clearly see the car is a steal. It would be a steal if it were a clone which you can see its not. Anybody with half a brain knows that car is worth double/triple the money the guy wants for it. As for what the guy who's selling it is concerned he should have been paid on the spot for that car instead of having to wait till we see if its a IV car. I'll bet your buddy is going to chop him on price because its not a IV. That would be a real horrible thing to do now that he knows what the cars worth is.... I guess he will not reveal the cars true worth to him. It looks like a great deal to me and im sure evrybody on this site has been PMing you to see what he would take for it. And to boot you want someone here to tell you how much he should make on the car That takes the cake! Oh well I guess its me must be the heat. I really need to lay down, Sorry about the rant.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king View Post
YOU WOULD???? Cmon Craig you have got to be kidding RIGHT??? The seller will not be happy when he finds out and thats not a WIN WIN....IM not trying to get in a pissing match with you but i call them as i see them and sometimes my honesty get me in trouble. But with that being said you can clearly see the car is a steal. It would be a steal if it were a clone which you can see its not. Anybody with half a brain knows that car is worth double/triple the money the guy wants for it. As for what the guy who's selling it is concerned he should have been paid on the spot for that car instead of having to wait till we see if its a IV car. I'll bet your buddy is going to chop him on price because its not a IV. That would be a real horrible thing to do now that he knows what the cars worth is.... I guess he will not reveal the cars true worth to him. It looks like a great deal to me and im sure evrybody on this site has been PMing you to see what he would take for it. And to boot you want someone here to tell you how much he should make on the car That takes the cake! Oh well I guess its me must be the heat. I really need to lay down, Sorry about the rant.
First off i have absolutely no idea who the guy is asking the questions on its worth or the guy who is thinking of buying it. They are both complete strangers who posted on a chevy board very much like this one as to what this car might be worth. I posted it here cause i thought it was a great find and obviously someone was getting a steal. And yes, if it were me i would have bought it in one half of one second at 20k..RAIV or not. But again thats me and i have absolutely no idea who this potential buyer is. Nor do i care if he ends up with the car or how much he makes flipping it. In fact i hope he makes very little and sells it to me...i told the guy to tell his friend i'd buy it tomorrow for 30k. Of course, i have no false hopes that is EVER going to happen.

Im not trying to get in a pissing match either. But just as its buyer beware when it comes to these old cars and a smart buyer must do his due diligence to make sure hes not getting ripped off... the knife cuts both ways. If i were selling something and had absolutely no idea what it was worth i would certainly do some homework before throwing a price on it and putting it up for sale. Especially when im the original owner of a car of that pedigree. Now i certainly consider myself an honest person but if it were me looking at that car and the seller told me 20k...i would tell the guy he has a deal and bring it home that very minute. I would not argue with him and tell him its easily worth 2-3 times that money. So to answer your question..no i guess i wasnt kidding.

67 RS Camaro

Last edited by 69RagTopBird; 06-24-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Suspended

sounds like a no brainer either way to me!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Suspended

ron landis......formerly jegstek.............formerly whatever.dont you have a barry grant six shooter to repair or something?????????

Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2 View Post
ron landis......formerly jegstek.............formerly whatever.dont you have a barry grant six shooter to repair or something?????????
not with scrap prices being what they are! lol Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cant feel bad for the seller. He should have done his research before he offered the car for 20k. His own stupidity probable cost him 30 to 50 g.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Suspended

from the sounds of the 2 guys trying to buy it,they wont get the job done anyway.ron,those bg sixshooters may just be going back to where they came from?????

Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't know about Ron but I was sure glad to get rid of my Sick Sh!tter ... er Six Shooter.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:42 PM

Who's the lucky NEW owner.......eh? I'm bettin' 69RagTop man

Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile 69 TA

looks like a nice one.... will take alot of $$$$ to do resto, as they all do,,,,,,

Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Suspended

did these guys ever buy this car?