67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No big deal , Car is in capable hands now and will receive first class resto . Ram air convertible season is open and its time to go back on the hunt . Adios Amigos

Old 11-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
I read someone did a simple vin search in MI and found it.Tom
I don't see how that could possibly be true, Gordon's car hasn't been registered while he owned it.

Pic of Rob's car from Thursday night. Gary's wife says she remembers the back seat.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7239 (1280x960).jpg
Views:	799
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	414126  

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

don't forget that I remember it very well also. ive done a lot of things in and on 69 ta's and the 69 ta convertible. funny looking at that car. it looks like such pampered baby. but when I owned it, my buddies and I constantly drove the living crap out of it. I remember todd telling me he liked to never have got all the rubber off of the rear quarters and fender wells. I can truly say I drove it like I stole it.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I don't see how that could possibly be true, Gordon's car hasn't been registered while he owned it.
It may not have been registered but if the there was a title transfer that can be searched and would show up.

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 11-25-2015, 04:32 PM

What was told to me was Phil Silva hired a Private investigator in Canada to search for it. The PI told him it went from Canada to Mi. but he did not do work in Mi. Phil then told the new owner RM about it and R hired his own guy to look in Mi and it came right up. Scott Tieman told me it has been registered in Mi for a long time. It took R about a year to get the deal done.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69TA-vert View Post
The Brothers own 4, Wade O from Ca. owns my old one. The triple white one and Lozen's are both coming up for auction at Mecum Kissimmee. All found so the fakers will need something else to do.
OK, I'll bite. Who are "The Brothers"?

I only have sisters so I'm pretty sure I'm not one of them (although my nephew and I both have '69 Firebird convertibles).

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 11-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"The Brothers" are a publicity-shy duo who own the creme de la creme. If you go on YouTube, you'll find some videos of their collection.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdHank View Post
OK, I'll bite. Who are "The Brothers"?

I only have sisters so I'm pretty sure I'm not one of them (although my nephew and I both have '69 Firebird convertibles).
This weekly internet tv show showcases their cars., Amazing collection. The largest musclecar collection in the world. Kevin Oeste, the host, is an awesome person too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuscleCarOfTheWeek

http://www.musclecaroftheweek.com/

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made
Old 11-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Even though I love the '69 T/A, I never followed the trading or whereabouts of any. I do remember "hearing" several years ago about the 8th being rumored to be in Michigan (but in terrible condition), so this news is not such a big surprise to me. Has the Michigan connection been widely suspected or rumored, or has it been a surprise to most folks in-the-know?

Old 11-25-2015, 09:18 PM

We have no idea if the Brothers have the largest collection of musclecars but I'm confident it is the most comprehensive in the world. At MCACN last weekend I had 9 of their Hemi Cuda and Challenger converts on display along with a 69 RA4 Bird, a 69 TA convert, a 70 Buick GS stage 1 convert and a 72 440 6 pack sunroof Roadrunner. A semi public museum should be finished later next year.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So for those in the know - do any of the 8 TA Verts have their original numbers matching engines?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
We have no idea if the Brothers have the largest collection of musclecars but I'm confident it is the most comprehensive in the world. At MCACN last weekend I had 9 of their Hemi Cuda and Challenger converts on display along with a 69 RA4 Bird, a 69 TA convert, a 70 Buick GS stage 1 convert and a 72 440 6 pack sunroof Roadrunner. A semi public museum should be finished later next year.
Any chance the Stage I convertible is red/white, or a one of one special order '70 Caddy purple with pearl white interior and 4 speed? If so, I may have done some work on them.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:43 PM

the guy that owned the 8th ta was he a big collector or just lucky and find the car or what?

Old 11-25-2015, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Any chance the Stage I convertible is red/white, or a one of one special order '70 Caddy purple with pearl white interior and 4 speed? If so, I may have done some work on them.
The "brothers" own over 500 extremely rare muscle cars. They are in the convalescent / nursing home business. I would LOVE to see that collection in person!

The special order 1970 caddy color "Plum" Buick G.S. 4 speed convertible is NOT a stage car. Killer piece but NOT a Stage 1 car. A friend of mine in Illinois owned it for some time. It was a screamer!

Old 11-25-2015, 10:51 PM

The Stage 1 is blue and Level 1 Restorations restored it last year. The guy that had the missing TA searched it out years ago because he really wanted one. He found it stored inside in a wrecking yard , bought it and brought it to Michigan. He is not a big collector that I know of.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:01 PM

The Brothers are NOT in the convalescent/nursing home business. The build and own Senior housing projects. As in apartments for seniors. They take great pride in providing housing for seniors. Not nursing. They provide activities and meals etc at reasonable prices. They send their cooks to culinary schools to become Chefs. The meals are healthy and made from scratch.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The Brothers are NOT in the convalescent/nursing home business. The build and own Senior housing projects. As in apartments for seniors. They take great pride in providing housing for seniors. Not nursing. They provide activities and meals etc at reasonable prices. They send their cooks to culinary schools to become Chefs. The meals are healthy and made from scratch.
Sorry. I guess I was told differently. I certainly do not see any dishonor in being in the nursing home business though. That was by no means an insulting comment. Just what a fairly reliable source told me. Not completely out in left field however. One business is assisted and the other is not. There are also several different levels of Nursing homes.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:35 PM

No need to be sorry. Just clarifying.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge View Post
The "brothers" own over 500 extremely rare muscle cars. They are in the convalescent / nursing home business. I would LOVE to see that collection in person!

The special order 1970 caddy color "Plum" Buick G.S. 4 speed convertible is NOT a stage car. Killer piece but NOT a Stage 1 car. A friend of mine in Illinois owned it for some time. It was a screamer!
Yes, it was a strong runner and fun to drive. I could have sworn it was a Stage I. Thanks for the correction. I fixed the screwed up shifter linkage and numerous other mechanical things. Do you know if he owned it after Volo or before? I did the work prior to Volo getting it. Lots of NOS metal went into it before I met it.
I need to reference my pictures of it. One oddity I remember was the vacuum gauge in the floor.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 8th TA Convertible.

Mr. Lillard,
It was a pleasure seeing you as always at the MCACN show. Once again, you and Bob outdid yourselves. I will see you again next year.
Brian.