Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM

Default '76 Grand Prix - Aftermarket Springs Availability??

Folks,

I hope it's OK to cross post into 2 different forums; I'm just hoping for a bit more "exposure" to this.

I'm just getting back in the game with a Pontiac after a few years off. I bought a '76 Grand Prix that I should have next week. It's a low mileage car, and 100% original. It's only a 350 2bbl, but I'm really looking forward to doing more cruising than wrenching on this car.

Other than installing a true dual exhaust, the only change I'd like to make is get rid of the 4X4 stance of the thing; these cars sat high from the factory. I'd like to drop it about 1" in the rear, and 1.5" up front. Does anyone know of a company that makes springs for these in anything but stock height? Ride quality is a concern also, since I don't want to bounce down the road like a slammed Honda. I did try the obvious like Eibach and Hotchkis, but no luck so far.

Thanks for any leads you might have,

Jerry

Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 AM

Try just cutting off the old ones a little..Not sure how much to cut off for 1". Check the body tech forum.