Old 04-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

WOW, You really did a great job Big Bob and are certainly doing it the right way. Thanks for posting some pics for us. I cant wait to see her when she is painted.

Here is a picture of my Burg/Black Vinyl/Black Int RA III 4-spd with Air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Burg RA 3.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	164263  

Old 04-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

big Bob, you car is absolutely loaded with options! Nice work on the restoration.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow! That's some options list! Maybe that's why it took so long to ship it...LOL!

**On another note, anyone know what that item on PHS is: ENG9327DEV??

Old 04-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think that car has a story to tell...

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dancolkate,

Yes, that car was headed to IL with my Challenger. I should have made any offer on it. Call the buyer and see what he did with it. I probably have the shipping guys phone number. He only works for a couple people.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgto View Post
Dancolkate,

Yes, that car was headed to IL with my Challenger. I should have made any offer on it. Call the buyer and see what he did with it. I probably have the shipping guys phone number. He only works for a couple people.
Slow,

I think you had little chance of getting that one. The guy owns a Pontiac dealer in IL, and had a collection of GTO's. I only wish he'd post here and tell us / show us the car. It was setup just right from the factory . Luckily, I have 100 pics.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have one of the 1,249 manual trans hardtops.

Matador Red, Black interior, RAIII, 4-spd, 3.55 safe-t-track, AM radio, hideaways, Rally IIs, hood tach, console, tilt column, pwr steering, pwr disc brakes, tinted windshield, ride handling pkg.

Should be a real stunner when she is restored. Build date 01D. PHS ship date 01/27/69.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone figure out what ENG9327DEV is??

Old 04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz View Post
Anyone figure out what ENG9327DEV is??
"Engineering Deviation" not sure what the 9327 means however.

This car was special built for somebody either inside Pontiac or who knew somebody one the inside. I recall this PHS posted before perhaps when the car sold through ebay about 3-4 years ago?

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 04-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
"Engineering Deviation" not sure what the 9327 means however.

This car was special built for somebody either inside Pontiac or who knew somebody one the inside. I recall this PHS posted before perhaps when the car sold through ebay about 3-4 years ago?
Thanx, John...Any idea what was special about it?

Old 04-19-2009, 03:39 PM

GTO JOHN
I posted the build sheet back in 2005 after I bought the car, for just that reason, to find out about the eng9327dev. Your explination is the best that I have had and I have not seen this on any other cars. If the engine was changed would that warrent this type of notification on the build sheet?

Old 04-25-2009, 12:37 AM

Hey Paulatfast. Thanks for the coments on my car!!! I noticed on your web site you have a 69 RA111 for sale? What would be the build date on that motor? The motor from mine is long gone and some time after mine is painted and on the road again I will track down the correct date coded motor which is 2C/69 thanks big Bob

Old 06-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like another one has been discovered after nearly 40 years!

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=599680

This one is a very loaded RAIII GTO !!

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

...and once again, a late production car.

www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Early RA cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulatFast View Post
...and once again, a late production car.
Yes I noticed that also. Your hitting on something I think Paul. As a matter of fact I don't recall seeing many if any WS or YZ blocks with casting dates in late '68 (Aug-Dec).

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
Yes I noticed that also. Your hitting on something I think Paul. As a matter of fact I don't recall seeing many if any WS or YZ blocks with casting dates in late '68 (Aug-Dec).
John, I believe all of the January Judges would have had blocks cast in late 1968. Mine was cast in late October. Are you just talking about non-Judge Ram Air III's?

sorry if I misunderstood your comment. I guess most of the original blocks are gone now though.

Michael

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Michael,

Paul was saying that he has not seen any early (Aug-Dec '68) Ram Air cars. Obviously no Judges but it seems odd that nobody has found any RA car earlier than the one Tim posted about with a PHS date of 12/18/68.

If the RA option was available all year long, where are the early RA cars? and the corresponding engines for those cars which was the direction my comment was headed.

Your Judge is almost an anomaly since it is the earliest known production Judge that I know about and your Oct 68 WS is the earliest block I have ever seen. Paul's thought, and I concurr, where are any others? No other early cars or engines have surfaced that I know of.

I have a couple early Baltimore RA cars. 01D Judge with A069 WS, 01D RAIII block awol. So the search continues for more of these elusive RAIII non-Judge cars. Actual production was only 28% of total Judge production for 1969. (1,960 vs. 6,833) Judges are easier to find than these bad boys.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, John. I partially minunderstood.

Pontiac/dealers may have pushed the Judge and overlooked the RAIII much of the year, but 1,960 is a very low number.

I will post all of the exact casting dates at some point if anyone wants to see them. The heads/block are late Oct, intake is Oct 12, 1968, 1111941 distributor is dated 8K11 (normally the RAIV distributor), and carb is Dec.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet Winner View Post
Pontiac/dealers may have pushed the Judge and overlooked the RAIII much of the year, but 1,960 is a very low number.
You have to remember, the Judge was not even introduced until Feb. The dealers could not have been pushing them for the first six months of production.

I am planning on trying to jog Jim Wangers memory at the Co-Vention, maybe he will have some long lost insight into this.

My theory is since the RA option existed from the beginning of the model year, the orders for these cars were not being filled right away, usually this is because of a parts availability issue. Maybe the pans or the flapper assy. There has to be a reason, at this point it is fairly obvious the cars simply aren't out there.

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwankers View Post
Here's PHS and a pic on a Matador Red Black Interior RA, M21, 3.90 car I'm putting together as a Judge clone for sale. Before you all berate me for 'cloning out' a unique car, let me just say it was done a couple of years ago and I'm sorry I did it now. I took it apart to have it painted the correct Matador but now I'm just going to put it back together and sell it so I can pay for the paint on my 70 Ram Air IV Judge. It has a SR block and SR M21 but is otherwise complete and has 84,000 original miles.
Must have been sweet, the guy who ordered it knew what options to add for the "look" while keeping the price down: Raim Air for the functional scoops, hideaways, tinted glass, rally 2, wood wheel and knob. Sharp car. The only option he missed esthetically was the power antenna.

By the way I had a 66 GTO optioned that way from the same dealer, all the go fast and look options but no power anything, maybe the same owner originally!

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)