Old 01-11-2007, 01:55 PM

Exclamation 4 spd help

About to swap out a turbo 400 in my lemans for a m-20.... how should I clean/restore the transmission cassing? Any other steps I need to do to before installing?

Can anyone list what parts I will need to complete this?
Are aftermarket clutch forks usable?

Old 01-11-2007, 02:46 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Clutch linkages and shifter/linkages are a difficult part of this operation, wish you the best of luck.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I finished fixing my 69 GTO 4spd setup last summer when we put in the 461 stroker. To say the previous clutch and linkage was bastardized was being kind. I don't know where the parts came from but they were not 69 parts!

I did end up using an aftermarket clutch fork because the stock one kept hitting one of the front trans bolts on the Muncie which did not allow 100% clutch action. Definetly a royal PITA. Bad thing is I need to swap out the fresh close ratio and use a wide ratio trans this spring to use my new powerband correctly. At least I know what I'm doing this time around.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Probably time to invest in a shop manual if you don't have one already. That will have a diagram of the parts that you need.

Scott