Garage Sale Any NON-Pontiac related item you want to buy-sell-trade or giveaway!

Old 09-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Restored 1966 Fairlane Convertible, 428, 4 Speed

I'm selling my restored '66 Fairlane convertible. Just retired from the Army after 26 years and need some funds to start up a business.

Here's the link - https://www.ebay.com/itm/325800327787
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1328.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	619493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1282.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	619494   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	619495  

Old 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats on your retirement!

I hope you get a good price for that car. It looks very special and you clearly put a lot into it. Must be hard to give up but hope your work pays off.

I have a thing for those Fairlanes. I owned an Emberglo 66 GT 4-spd when in college and have some great memories tied to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2023, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Congrats on your retirement!

I hope you get a good price for that car. It looks very special and you clearly put a lot into it. Must be hard to give up but hope your work pays off.

I have a thing for those Fairlanes. I owned an Emberglo 66 GT 4-spd when in college and have some great memories tied to it.
Sounds like an awesome car! Got any pics? I'll bet Emberglo looks great when it's shiny, but it's one of those colors that doesn't look so hot when it's old and faded.

Old 09-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unfortunately, the only photo I have is not flattering but looks like my real life at the time..

Here's a glamour shot of someone's restored gem. Mine never looked this good but it did clean up nice at the time..

I bought mine cheap in ~1974 with a whiny transmission. I replaced the input bearing and it was reliable for several years. It was geared high so kind of a slug but would go up the big hill on I-70 as fast as I wanted... fun car!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frank Fairlane.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	619502   Click image for larger version

Name:	mufp_0407_01_z+1966_ford_gta_fairlane+exterior.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	619503  

Old 09-06-2023, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf View Post
I'm selling my restored '66 Fairlane convertible. Just retired from the Army after 26 years and need some funds to start up a business.

Here's the link - https://www.ebay.com/itm/325800327787
Nice car!

The Following User Says Thank You to 61-63 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2023, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61-63 View Post
Nice car!
Thanks!

Old 09-06-2023, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Unfortunately, the only photo I have is not flattering but looks like my real life at the time..

Here's a glamour shot of someone's restored gem. Mine never looked this good but it did clean up nice at the time..

I bought mine cheap in ~1974 with a whiny transmission. I replaced the input bearing and it was reliable for several years. It was geared high so kind of a slug but would go up the big hill on I-70 as fast as I wanted... fun car!
Ok, I was 6 years old in 1974, so I missed out on the super cheap musclecars when the oil embargo hit. I'm guessing you got it cheap.

Should have had a 3.25 gear from the factory, which isn't a bad match for a car with a wide ratio 4 speed trans.

Old 09-06-2023, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf View Post
Ok, I was 6 years old in 1974, so I missed out on the super cheap musclecars when the oil embargo hit. I'm guessing you got it cheap.

Should have had a 3.25 gear from the factory, which isn't a bad match for a car with a wide ratio 4 speed trans.
Yes, you missed that!

As I recall, I had totalled a 68 Chevelle, insurance gave me $800, and I paid $600 for the Fairlane.

The scary price of gas (at the time) motivated me to trade it on a new Toyota...oh well... it happened a lot!

Old 09-06-2023, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes, you missed that!

As I recall, I had totalled a 68 Chevelle, insurance gave me $800, and I paid $600 for the Fairlane.

The scary price of gas (at the time) motivated me to trade it on a new Toyota...oh well... it happened a lot!
Gotcha. A decent Fairlane GT was about a $2,000 car by the time I got my driver's license in the mid 1980's.

Old 09-06-2023, 08:20 PM

Good luck with the sale. Your eBay ad is well done with lost of pictures and details about the car.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 68BeaumontSD For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2023, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68BeaumontSD View Post
Good luck with the sale. Your eBay ad is well done with lost of pictures and details about the car.
Thanks!

Old 09-06-2023, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68BeaumontSD View Post
Agreed! The red interior is outstanding.

I remember that console being solid as the car... definitely pre-plastic! I downloaded a few of your photos... they are well done!

I truly wish you the best on this one.

Old 09-06-2023, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Agreed! The red interior is outstanding.

I remember that console being solid as the car... definitely pre-plastic! I downloaded a few of your photos... they are well done!

I truly wish you the best on this one.
Console is indeed solid, and expensive as hell!

Thanks!

Old 09-08-2023, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice car. The first car I bought with my own money was a 1968 Torino GT convertible with a 390 4-spd. I was 17 at the time. My dad had a dealer's license during my teen years, so there was always something to drive. Mine was dark green with black interior.

Mike

The Following User Says Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2023, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike View Post
Nice car. The first car I bought with my own money was a 1968 Torino GT convertible with a 390 4-spd. I was 17 at the time. My dad had a dealer's license during my teen years, so there was always something to drive. Mine was dark green with black interior.

Mike
That sounds like a pretty cool car - big block, drop top, 3 pedals.