Old 05-01-2013, 05:04 PM

Exclamation Brake light indicator in the dash

I posted a question recently asking about a loose tan wire hanging off my fuse panel and was pointed in the right direction on what it could be but I can't figure this out. My dash brake light indicator is really dim for some reason. My flashers and brake lights work fine. I looked at the brake light switch on the brake pedal and appears fine. It has a white and orange wire connected to a plug on the switch. Is this loose tan wire related to my sudden DIM indicator bulb?

Ram Air Manifolds w/2.5" Flowmaster Super 44's
Quick Fuel 750 CFM
Expresso Brown/ Gold Interior
Old 05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brake light switch has orange and white wires according to my 69 schematic. E-brake switch has tan wire going to it, also goes to brake indicator light and to master cylinder.If you push e-brake pedal (switch engages to ground) or your master cylinder is low on fluid, either of these will cause the brake indicator light to illuminate. If yours is illuminating dimly, you may have a poor ground which could be a faulty E-brake switch or low fluid indicator switch, or could be that the circuit is somehow grounding out (pinched wire maybe). you could also have a poor connection or ground at the light socket/printed circuit board interface.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 PM

paint guy- thanks for the reply. After looking again at my emergency brake I don't see the switch that this tan wire connects to. Do you have a pic of where the e-brake switch is?

Ram Air Manifolds w/2.5" Flowmaster Super 44's
Quick Fuel 750 CFM
Expresso Brown/ Gold Interior