Old 10-18-2022, 06:35 PM
Senior Chief

Default Ebay Classic Exhaust for 70 Judge

Has anyone used Classic exhaust? Much less than Gardner exhaust. Wondering about quality and how close to original. https://www.ebay.com/itm/144543270425

thanks

Old 10-18-2022, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our sponsor, Ames, markets a damn good setup made in Nebraska to order - excellent fitment and very fair price.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:04 PM

I purchased the system. It came with two different mufflers. When I asked about it, I received a three word reply "They are interchangeable.", so not really thrilled with the customer service. I haven't installed the system yet so I can't speak to the fit. I did think the picture on eBay looked better than what I received. I was looking for a complete system, at a lower price, that I could install at home without too much wrangling. I'm sure it doesn't compare to the Gardner system, but as you noted neither does the price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mufflers.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	600934   Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	600935  

Old 10-22-2022, 03:34 PM
Senior Chief

I looked up those mufflers that you received on Summits website and while they are the same physical size Summit shows that one is a baffled muffler while the other a “stamped cartridge” whatever that means. The mufflers are cheap if you wanted to order another to make them match.

Not sure I would want to run 2 different styles of muffler..

Old 10-22-2022, 09:12 PM
Exhaust Guru

The factory setup on many of the GTOs were two different mufflers. They had shorter one on the pass side as it had the heat riser in the manifold.
The stamped cartridge is neat setup they came up with that you saw a lot on big Ford and Lincolns in the early to mid 1990s. Cheap to build but pretty slick design.