Old 10-25-2022, 02:40 PM

Default 1968 Pontiac Grand Prix Trunk Sheet Metal

Hey guys, hope you've all been well. I have been putting some work into my old GP, particularly with the body. I just had my interior done a couple months ago so now im going to start making the outside look purty. I started with the roof, it had an old vinyl top which im not a fan of, in general. If i was restoring this car to its original glory, sure. But im not lol so i removed the top and the notches that hold the trim in place, sanded it all down to bare metal and epoxy primered the top. Came out decent, but will definitely re do it before paint goes on. Then , i moved to the trunk. I knew i had some minor minor holes here and there, but after sanding and prepping for epoxy primer, i discovered more holes. Now, they arent huge, the trunk pan isnt rotted, but what are some suggestions to weld those in ? Is it worth replacing the whole trunk pan? Here are some pics, let me know. Thnks guys and happy halloween

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2022, 02:52 PM

POR-15 silver which is loaded with solids and some little patches of fiberglass cloth. Apply it with a paint brush, don’t even think about spraying this toxic stuff. A few extra coats over the patched areas will be needed, put some painters masking tape under the larger holes.

You’re already prepped for it, it has worked well on a couple of my cars that had an otherwise solid trunk floor with a few small holes.

1964 Tempest trunk floor, pictures were taken around 2009 with the work done 13 years before then.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
POR-15 silver which is loaded with solids and some little patches of fiberglass cloth. Apply it with a paint brush, don’t even think about spraying this toxic stuff. A few extra coats over the patched areas will be needed, put some painters masking tape under the larger holes.

You’re already prepped for it, it has worked well on a couple of my cars that had an otherwise solid trunk floor with a few small holes.

1964 Tempest trunk floor, pictures were taken around 2009 with the work done 13 years before then.

Very cool! I will give that a try this weekend, appreciate your time!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk