Old 02-07-2023, 01:11 AM

Default 1967 Ventilation Vacuum Actuator

The underhood firewall vacuum actuator on my 67 a/c equipped with a/c was damaged and needed to be replaced. Because of its location and it's lower bolts/fasteners being inaccessible, it appeared as if nothing less than the inner passenger fender well liner (and quite possibly the fender and hood) would have to be removed to make the repair/replacement of the part. Got it done.The new actuator was installed and vacuum hoses hooked up. Air barely moved. The diagnosis is a defective actuator (will not hold vacuum),so, I got another new actuator ready to go in. A rod with a hooked end connects to one of three holes in the stem of the actuator. Which hole is correct, the end closest to engine, the one closest to the passenger compartment or the middle hole? Can't find a reference to this in the shop manual. If you've got a suggestion, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Old 02-07-2023, 03:25 PM

I can't speak to reproduction vacuum motors but for reference, a stock dual port underhood vacuum motor when fully extended toward the passenger compartment, will have the hole about 1-10/32" away from the surface as shown. Pick the hole closest to this measurement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230207_191405502.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	606817