Old 02-22-2023, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default vacuum reservoir

Anyone know how to remove the power brake vacuum reservoir from behind the fender on a 1962 full size Pontiac? If you tell me to remove the fender I'll leave it there.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I do not know specifically how to remove it. However, if you get it out and it's in good condition, I would be interested in it for my 62 Catalina. I would like to install it on the right side to double my vacuum storage capacity. It would need to be in good shape and hold vacuum of course. Let me know. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2023, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's in very good condition. If I don't have to remove the fender to remove it you can have it for the postage.

Old 02-24-2023, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you for the kind offer, but I may be out of luck. I looked through every page of the factory chassis manual especially section 5 Moraine power brakes and section 10 sheet metal. There just isn't any mention of how to remove or replace that reservoir at all. Also the inner fender is referred to as a skirt. But no removal or install information on the skirt. Only the fender. So I honestly don't know what has to be removed to get that reservoir out. Seems the hood hinge at a minimum would be in the way. Possibly the skirt could be unbolted and manipulated to allow the reservoir removal with the fender in place. I just don't know for sure. possibly someone with a 61 or 62 with power brakes could chime in. Those 2 years should be the same.