Old 06-09-2008, 11:50 AM

Default racing stories!!!! come on, i know you have some!!!

I just wanna hear some good street story's with your Pontiac. It sucks that they don't have a spot like this on the forum.

Mine goes like this.

My brother and i were at our local hang out, were we usually eat. My cousins came with his 94/95 mustang 5.0 thats supercharged and running 11psi 4spd auto with i think 3.08 rears. My cousin tells us his car is pushing all this amount of HP and blah blah spark plugs blah blah ford sucks ass... and im like yayayayya i say in my head. Now i have a 79 pontiac firebird with a 75 400 installed. bored to a 407, pushing out about 425hp/ and close too 500TQ. 3spd auto short shaft th350 with 3.73 gears in back. now were are leaving and my cousin does a fishtail leaving the parking lot and takes off. My brother was driving and we catch up to them on the highway. my cousin looks over to my brother like "your gonna get it" and floors it. Well so did my brother and my brother was neck and neck til i think 120 not gaining or losing (3spd keep in mind). And again they did the same thing and same results neck and neck.

even tho we didnt win or lose. My car is setup for drags. being a th350 and 3.73 in back. My cousin has a small rear and had one more gear then use on top of a supercharger and still couldn't pull away from my brother. I just cant wait to install my tko6 5spd. My cousin excuse was his spark plugs were lose or some crap like that.

I like to go fast...really fast!!!!!

The THEORY of KISS....KEEP
IT
SIMPLE
STUPID
Old 06-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

anybody?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 AM

Its not my pontiac. Its about my truck one night I was getting ready to go to the dirt track and some kid with a 80s mercury grand marquis that had a mustang 5.0 motor in got beside me going down the road wanting to play. We got to a stop light and no one was around when it went green, I pulled away about 2 and a half lengths at take off and he only caught up maybe one car length by the end of a half mile. My truck is a 88 W100 4x4 dodge ram with a 318 0.30 over and a little street cam and headers switched over from fuel injection to 4 barrel with straight pipes 3.23 gears

Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

yeah a local guy here has a black 5.0 supercharged 5speed, always talkin how bad it was and buddies always talking how bad it was, i listened to that crap for 2 years, then one day on my way home from corsicana on I-45 i look over guess what coming up the on the ramp that supercharge mustang w 2 guys in it. sweet, im in the wifes 78 t/a got a 69 400 w ported 6x heads h.o. racing tri ys, 11inch conv 323 gears o68 cam w 1.65s. were running 80 i look at them. and hit it. they hit it first, the t/a dropped to second, man i hurt that mustang, let up back to 120 and rolled down my window and hollered hey i thought that thing was supposed to be fast! now these guys new this was my wifes t/a, and that i had a judge at home w a 455, to this day those guys and there buddies talk about ole tanners got them bad pontiacs! i luv it, morale do not mess w a t/a top end just dont do it.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i mainly drag race, you know just slow street type stuff mid 12s, but back in the day {1978} my first car was a 69 bird factory 400 car but w 455 comp 305 magnum cam th400 adn 3.08s. i was cruising down at the park one day and a buncha bro hollered me over, one of em had a new z28 w 3.73s wanted to run, my car was dog in the quater but they wanted to go top end sweet cause as for as i new at the time my birds top end was unlimited! we get up on I-45 its 8 miles to the next cross over, so we get rolling side by side 60-70-80 they hit it,pulled bird back to second i start pulling on em at a 100 so i ease up to 110 start goosing it throwing a fender on em then easing back at 120 they are maxed out! i roll the window down hold my arm up and holler hit it then drop my arm hell i know they topped out i holler go go and punch it showing i got way more than they got, finally i let it all out leave those cats in the dust by the time they make the cut off im out of the car setting on the hood waiting on them those guys could not beleive any car could be that fast top end, boy was i crazy back then! BTW i live in texas its always 30 miles at least from one place to another ive got a lot of top end stories!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

3 weeks ago im at the 1/8 mile track w a bunch of old friends from school first time we all been together in 20 years, anyway i got my new automatic gt mustang, ive run it alot know what it will do, my long time pontiac buddie is their a 04 gto shows up he says i got 20 says you cant outrun that goat, ok get your money out, whataya mean that things got 400 hp! im ok get your money out and go set it up, well 20 bucks later i run a 9.20 to the gtos 9.60. in a little bit a 05 w a exhaust shows up putting on a hell of a show my buddie no way you can out run that one, ok get the money out, 20 bucks later mustang 9.06 gto 9.20, my buddie is fit to be tied then a red one w 6speed shows up same drill, mustang 8.90 gto 9.16,. now i promise you if i had been driving any one of those goats i could killed my mustang, but its not always about how much you have but how you use it! on a side note my pontiac buddie called me tonite asked what my bird w run in 1\8 i said 8.0s 7.90s he said great he was buying a 68 that ran 7.0s, i said great i got 20 says you wont out run my 8.0 car! new storie to come!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not a Pontiac story; but more humerous then anything :

Early 1990s I was borrowed my uncles 1970s model Ford highboy 4wd.
My uncle is a Ford man, he might even slept with a few:
Under the hood sat a 390 Ford bored .080 over (428 Std bore size ) with an offset ground 428 crank (3.98" stroke to 4.125" stroke) the engine came to 442 cid. Because it was an early 390 hi-po it had solid lifters and it didnt have oil gallaries for hydralic lifters; so it had fairly radical cam. Having a pair of medium riser heads to help cure the tight turn radius low riser FE's are cursed with sure helped it breathe.

I was sitting at the light at Manchester & 141
When a 1990 or so SS454 pulled up: I remember when every dummy thought these 16 sec snoozers were fast
Anyway this horses ass started reving the engine: I had a very heavy trailer behind it; I think it was a horse trailer but I cant remember.
I dumped the clutch in second gear and it broke the rear end loose even with posi and the trailer.
Shifting from 3rd to 4th around 6500 it looked like he was behind my trailer.

I stopped at Shop N Save on Manchester and he pulled up wanting to know what it had under the hood: Imagine his suprise when he saw a dirty plain looking FE Ford. I cant remember if I told him if it was a 352 or 360: he was pretty upset his '54 lost and I was pulling a dual axle trailer.

Byron (GoQuik) I think I pulled into where you used to work back then: if you remember a rumbly loud old blue 197o's Ford highboy that was me

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

man now thats a sweet storie dont you just wish some could a filmed it!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Racing Stories

1993. As I am driving my 1970 Formula Firebird (transplanted 455 4-speed), a young guy in a 5.0 Mustang is doing everything he can to get up next to me. He pulls up to me on the drivers side, revs the motor. I pull away from the light normally and this kid won't let me ignore him. So, with his super hot girlfriend in the passenger seat we both pull away easily from the next light and he nails it. I know he will get me off the line because the Firebird is just too torquey. I hit second gear and pull up to him, let off, and then jump back on it. I pulled him by at least 4-5 cars going into third, so I let off. He pulls up, looks at me, and I look at his girfriend. No words were spoken. The Firebird looked like it had done a few tours in Vietnam. It had dents in every fender. His car was brand new. I think he was pissed.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:18 AM

These storys are awesome!!!!! More, more, more

IT
SIMPLE
STUPID
Old 06-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

OneBadBird any stories about your turbo lebaron. I always thought the early ones make great sleepers especially with the wood grain siding, same thing for the turbo minvans.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post
OneBadBird any stories about your turbo lebaron. I always thought the early ones make great sleepers especially with the wood grain siding, same thing for the turbo minvans.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20012
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11827
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22007

IT
SIMPLE
STUPID
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KMa5dyEH18

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!! that mini van is quick

79 Trans AM 406 #12 heads Torker II intake Crower 60210 750 holley vac. sec. T400 3500 Stall 3:73:1 rear. ECMTTFMFers. IHTTFMFers.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad400 View Post
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!! that mini van is quick
Ya thats mean mini. I heard the sold that camaro.

But if you that was funny check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuo5pUqnZ8

IT
SIMPLE
STUPID
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadBird View Post
Ya thats mean mini. I heard the sold that camaro.

But if you that was funny check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuo5pUqnZ8
Did I see 10.63 ?

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 06-14-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455Grandville View Post
Did I see 10.63 ?
Yep, thats gus mohan ...i think. i always mix up their names.

IT
SIMPLE
STUPID
Old 06-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

file under street legal racing humor =Bugs eat Rice. while working for a certain company that will remain nameless, i took a company-branded "new" VW bug--stock, non turbo stick car-- to detroit. strict restrictions on the use of company vehicles in terms of speeding etc--if the boss got a complaint, you were pretty much axed from using the company cars--including the museum fleet--and could lose your job. somewhere out around Pontiac one night on this trip, i'm coming back from grabbing some eats on a pretty empty 4-lane road that has about 4 lights in the road about an 1/8 mile apart. 45 or 55 mph road, can't quite remember. the light's red and some decked out rice pulls up next to me and revs it. no clue where he came from, sort of a middle of nowhere industrial area. i don't give him a look beyond a sideways glance without turning my head to see if he wants to try something, don't even give him a rev to clue him in. light goes green so i just give it a nice half throttle non-clutch dumping launch, run it to the speed limit through 2 gears and slow for the next red. meanwhile, next to then behind me i hear all kinds of high revs, tire squealing etc. kid pulls up to the red, tries again. result same. repeat for no. 3, except i can tell this lil' boy is truly beyond pissed. last light i really launch it off the light, kid still can't hang with the bug, i get second and hear the kid miss his shift and over-rev it to the moon. a couple hundred feet later as i go on my way still within the speed limit with a ****-eating grin from ear-to-ear I see him pop on the four-ways and pull onto the shoulder. I never once exceeded the speed limit or smoked the tires (OK, a bit of squeal on the last one), the old and new bugs were always good out of the hole, something he must not have known.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird2 View Post
file under street legal racing humor =Bugs eat Rice. while working for a certain company that will remain nameless, i took a company-branded "new" VW bug--stock, non turbo stick car-- to detroit. strict restrictions on the use of company vehicles in terms of speeding etc--if the boss got a complaint, you were pretty much axed from using the company cars--including the museum fleet--and could lose your job. somewhere out around Pontiac one night on this trip, i'm coming back from grabbing some eats on a pretty empty 4-lane road that has about 4 lights in the road about an 1/8 mile apart. 45 or 55 mph road, can't quite remember. the light's red and some decked out rice pulls up next to me and revs it. no clue where he came from, sort of a middle of nowhere industrial area. i don't give him a look beyond a sideways glance without turning my head to see if he wants to try something, don't even give him a rev to clue him in. light goes green so i just give it a nice half throttle non-clutch dumping launch, run it to the speed limit through 2 gears and slow for the next red. meanwhile, next to then behind me i hear all kinds of high revs, tire squealing etc. kid pulls up to the red, tries again. result same. repeat for no. 3, except i can tell this lil' boy is truly beyond pissed. last light i really launch it off the light, kid still can't hang with the bug, i get second and hear the kid miss his shift and over-rev it to the moon. a couple hundred feet later as i go on my way still within the speed limit with a ****-eating grin from ear-to-ear I see him pop on the four-ways and pull onto the shoulder. I never once exceeded the speed limit or smoked the tires (OK, a bit of squeal on the last one), the old and new bugs were always good out of the hole, something he must not have known.
damn rices....

IT
SIMPLE
STUPID
Old 06-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ok,,,gotta tell this one just as it happened as the big man is my witness
i was in my first gto a 67 w/a bored 428 bored .30 over balanced lined bored decked and the whole nine yards.
i was sitting at a light when another young guy pulled up beside me with his girlfriend
raced his motor several times knowing what he wanted..
but i couldnt afford another ticket so i just blew him off.
light came green,,,he smacked it and yelled "you flucking chicken"
i just said what the heck and nailed it and blew by him doing a good hundred when i saw the reds fliippng on across the street..
we slowed down and he pulled me over,,,jerked mee from the car ,,,took my wallet and proceeded to tell me to stay put while he went after my friend...
i kept telling myself i was gonna be walking after this stunt.
the officer came back and ask me who he was ,,,i told him my worse nightmare
seeing my tears rolling down my cheeks [on purpose] got him a little perplexed and he ask me what was up?
i studdered a couple times and then just blurted out
that guy took my girlfriend last week from me
then later he beat me up
then he pulls up beside me saying
i took your girl,,,i took your ass,,,now im gonna take your car!!
when i looked over and saw my girlfriend laughing i just lost it i told him and i raced him...
before we left the officer was patting me on the back telling me to please take it easy ,,that i could get another girl but my life and even my nice goat was alot harder to find...
and yes that did open up my eyes and apprecite getting off so easy