Old 05-16-2022, 11:20 PM

Default 4 tickets in one night

Back in '78 a friend and I had just got his '67 Bonneville running. I had just scrapped a car but pulled the tag. We put it on his car and headed to the party store for a celebratory 6 pack.

No sooner had I cracked open 2 beers than the blue lights came on behind us. They took my buddy back to the squad car for what seemed like a half hour. He comes back and says they want to talk to me now. One of the cops says "You know, Mr. Smith (the names have been changed to protect the guilty), we could haul you off to jail tonight."

Figuring I probably shouldn't say anything, I didn't. My buddy got tickets for transportation of open intoxicants and the bad tag. I got 2 for possession and "allowing misuse of passenger registration plate."

So I go to court, the judge reads the possession charge, I plead guilty, and rack up like a $35 fine. He reads the second one and asks if I understand the charge. I say yeah, and he literally says "Well would you explain it to me, because I don't know what the hell they're talking about."

I tell him what happened, and he says there's no such thing as passenger registration plates and tears the ticket in half.

3 years later he married me and my wife and we're still together after 41 years and 2 GTOs.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

passenger ticket...that's ridic!

Old 05-17-2022, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL, great story. I got pulled over four times in 28 hours. 7 tickets and got wrapped in probation the 4th time. Oh to be young!! Wish I still had the tickets, didnt start saving them until I was 22.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I got a ticket coming home from paying another ticket. Does that count?

Old 05-21-2022, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchT37 View Post
LOL, yes that counts!!

Old 05-21-2022, 12:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oh, the good old days getting tickets were like merit badges. You actually used to be able to out run or loose the police. Now all I think about is insurance surcharges.

Old 05-21-2022, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post
Oh, the good old days getting tickets were like merit badges. You actually used to be able to out run or loose the police. Now all I think about is insurance surcharges.

Oh,that has been done twice before. When you`re in a gas guzzler, make sure you got plenty of gas before you decide to run.

Old 05-21-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchT37 View Post
I got a speeding ticket ($35 fine) on the way to pay a $20 ticket back in 1978, driving my 13-second 1966 VW bug. I was able to kill two birds with one stone and pay both fines once I arrived at the courthouse. It was really hard to resist stepping on the loud pedal back when I was 18.

Sorry not a Pontiac but I did race and beat my share of them on the streets back then. About 10 years later I traded one of my bugs for my first Pontiac, and have since recently bought it back and started restoring it (1957 bug in my signature, first bought in 1977).