Old 12-11-2022, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455
Default Tri Y FBody Header interest 304 stainless

Met with a couple companies at the PRI show & threw out the idea of making a run of the Tri Y FBody Headers. Similar to Tribal tubes. Since Ron seems to have stopped making these, perhaps this would be a nice offering. Looking to see interest if these were to be made. They would be 304 Stainless, 3" collector with V band option, All TIG welded, two (2) O2 bungs per side (narrow band & wideband for tuning), 1 3/4 dia primaries. O2 bungs would be placed to clear & still be accessible for 6 speed manual transmissions which are larger than any factory offering in this area. Price point would be on par with good modern muscle headers. These will not be cheap & may be one of the more more expensive header options. At small quantities (<100) sets, the $600 price point is unobtainable. These would be over 1200 but under 1800. Polished would be additional. Port shape based on most interest. They would be snug to the floor for low ride height cars, yet ample clearance so they dont hit the floor.

Depending on design direction, I may go the length of 3D scanning the body/ chassis, powertrain & existing header mock up so the deliverable will be all CAD designed.

I've played with 2nd Gen platform & various driveline configurations for decades. Used cheap 3 tube heads, Dougs, Hookers, Headman, Tribal tubes, modern engine swap headers, ect thus familiar with the nuances of each.

Looking to see if there's enough interest to make the R&D & investment worthwhile to provide a very high quality & excellent fitting piece to the market with reasonable delivery time.

You can email me directly at transam_engineer at yahoo dot com.

Had to break up the email as last time I used in it traditional format I received a few scammers.

Build: http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...1978+g+machine
1999 30th Trans Am 6 spd, T top
Old 12-15-2022, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like its crickets on this idea. Maybe another time.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just found this post since I spend most of my time on the Race and Street sections.

I'm intrigued. Making a CAD model and snugging them to the floor is very attractive. Price is reasonable if they are a terrific fit (and you can prove it with CAD model cross-sections) although a lot of the potential customers will balk.

My selfish requests:

Fit around the Canton T-shaped road race pan.
Tuck the right side up and assume that the oil filter has been remotely located.
Round port.

I'd think if you make a CAD model, the price could be significantly reduced by having the tubes CNC bent, rather than all of the usual hand-fitting and welding small pieces together.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 12-15-2022, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Excellent input!
RH sides always hung low on these. Remote filter assumption will be taken in consideration but not mandatory as that's a small percentage of builds. I know some race applications would like something off the self vs custom made. Would be nice to incorporate all builds, but business decision need to be made also. This has a min. 50k+ initial investment thus need the initial run to capture large audiences. Not sure is CNC tubing is an option due to some of the bend complexities. Looked into CNC tube bending in the past for other projects. Other inputs that would be in consideration. Will review that option though. Drivability & fit vs all out max effort. Obviously, we don't want to sacrifice power , but if it means capturing more audience (street vs drag) , I'm willing to give up a little power. Percentage should be small however. D vs RD port is solely be based on audience again. While I'm an enthusiast, I want to recoup the investment in a reasonable time frame. That is the overall factor as to which version is made. CAD & 3D modeling/ scanning will be utilized for this project.

Old 12-15-2022, 12:56 PM

I’ve copied this thread from the original that was posted in the Lobby: https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...=1#post6393456

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: