Old 02-06-2023, 01:56 PM

Default blue 1961 Tempest coupe in NM

Hi,
A blue 61 coupe came up on that auction site late last year. Looking at the photos of the listing, there was a large hole in the oil pan. The sold listing was still visible last week.

I'm a fan of the 61s. I love that front end. If you looked at that auction, what would the prospects be for restoration of that car by someone (me) with no prior Tempest experience?

Last edited by cpu; 02-06-2023 at 02:01 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-06-2023, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it needs paint and you intend to keep it a long time,go for it.A lot of help on this site.Not for the weal of wallet.Tom

Old 02-06-2023, 02:19 PM

It needed an engine rebuild or replacement. I think one of the rods was removed or disconnected from the crank. Maybe threw a part through the oil pan (assumed, not known).

It had what looked like minor rust in the fender and quarter bottoms. The floors looked good. Interior complete but heavily worn. Some trim missing grill trim on one side, etc).

Old 02-06-2023, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All sheet metal is hard to find.You might be able to find a engine on this site.Tom