THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-22-2023, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgto View Post
Hi Lemans 64
I have several sets of 64 grills. reason being i restored a 64 gto a few years ago and kept buying them until i got the best set to use on my car. Honestly most of them were in so so shape and needed work, but not bad. i also have sets of head light rims. If you would like to see what i have just email me and i would gladly send you pictures. my email is....lilgto@earthlink .net. They are just sitting in my shed and i would love to see someone that needs them own them. regards Gene

Hey Gene, like most of us we are alway looking for a better part than what we have currently. My grills are ok, but like most they have the dreaded bumper marks on the outside edge. But if you have a Nice set maybe I would consider them. But again shipping might be a killer from Florida.

Old 02-22-2023, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had nothing but a great experience buying on ebay. Selling, not so much.

Old 02-22-2023, 10:33 PM

I've sold quite a bit on ebay, until they stopped protecting the seller (who pays the exorbitant fees compared to what they once were by the way!!!). I still buy occasionally.

Old 02-22-2023, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

eBay works for me selling since most of what I sell are inherited old radios and parts. Mostly want them gone, but some of the stupid questions I get make me wonder if some people even know how to put food in their mouth. Sold a radio to a guy that was working when shipped. He said he bench tested it and the tubes just lit up but know sound. Come to find out he didn't use an antenna.

Old 02-23-2023, 10:06 AM

I stopped selling on Ebay when they wanted everyone to have a Paypal account. It has only gotten worse since then. I do buy still, if I see something I need for a project. I have picked up an NOS RAV factory camshaft and an NOS AC Delco 406 square coil, each for less than $100 including shipping.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSuchma View Post
I stopped selling on Ebay when they wanted everyone to have a Paypal account. It has only gotten worse since then.
FYI ebay stopped using PayPal 8 years ago and ebay sends payments directly to your bank account, simple. Anyone who had seen the post about the round TV I recently bought at an estate sale. Well I decided to put it up on ebay since I didnt have time to mess with it right now. It sold in less then a week, ebay reaches the largest amount of buyers compared to almost any platform except maybe Amazon. I wanted to hold onto TV a little longer because it was so kewl but oh well onto someone else to enjoy. I really enjoy the hunt of finding things I have not seen before more then the possession of items.

Last edited by ta6point6; 02-24-2023 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
FYI ebay stopped using PayPal 8 years ago and ebay sends payments directly to your bank account, simple.
FYI- ebay stopped using paypal to process payments in early 2021... not 8 years ago.

and for some of the other comments, you can still use ebay as a buyer without paypal or giving them a bank account, they accept credit cards for payments, dont even need to set up an ebay account, can buy things as a "guest" which is what my Dad does since hes one that wont give them his bank account info or sign up for paypal.

also, ebay selling fees have been the same for at least 10 years now if not longer, its 10% of the final sale price (including shipping cost & taxes) but now they charge the ~3% fee that paypal used to charged since ebay now handles the payments, so total selling fee is the same ~13% as its been for a long time for most all domestic sales categories, international sales & a couple other categories are a little higher.

all in all its still worth selling & buying there, sellers get more exposure than any other online website, bidding wars or people with more money than brains can drive the price up more than you would have accepted. for buyers there are still good deals to be found or items that arent available anywhere else or almost impossible to find and sellers are happy to ship it to you. wont get that at swap meets or other local places.

Old 02-24-2023, 10:53 PM
Senior Chief

eBay...sheesh. 12.9% final value auction fees now. Screw that, I'd rather sell my 69 Bird parts I swapped out here and save the buyer that 13% crap. 25 years I've been on eBay, 250 positives, but the fees used to be about 7% when I started. No thanks.

Old 03-06-2023, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have noticed almost all the cars for sale are brokers or dealers.
No more regular people selling.

I used to sit at lunch and look at cars for sale. Not anymore.
One of the main reasons I left. Occasionally o look for a hard to find part.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Old 03-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Whoever's in charge of running Ebay eats corn the long way.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
The Following User Says Thank You to 72projectbird For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2023, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratman View Post
I have noticed almost all the cars for sale are brokers or dealers.
No more regular people selling.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
I have been noticing that too. Glad I have the cars that I have. Regret selling some of the cars that I sold.

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 03-06-2023, 01:49 PM

Found a Mitchell reel at Goodwill for 13 dollars just sold for 170 on EBay. There was actually 2 of these reels there but a guy ahead of me bought one. It just depends on what you sell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4066E2EE-58FB-4198-9CAD-F01E0C30A013.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	608441  

Old 03-07-2023, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

For folks like me with defective memories it would be nice if ebay would put the total price with tax in parenthesis under the bid price when bidding. I keep forgetting I have to add in the tax.

Jon

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 03-07-2023, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jon, move to Delaware... No sales tax at all.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 03-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If eBay is trying to lose more people, that must have hired a new irritation expert. Anyone like having to verify your ID every couple of times you sign in, picking out 3 pictures or trees or signs or houses, etc?

Old 03-07-2023, 04:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's not ebay exactly but he attack of the bots.

Too bad none of the hi-tech companies can agree on a single identity standard...

Old 03-08-2023, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a couple of NOS grills for a 64 on there, be interesting to see what they go for.

Old 03-08-2023, 10:44 AM
Suspended

As an international buyer, ebay is the only place for used or NOS items, other than the few shops that carry this. Still not many will ship overseas, even if you pay the costs often many times more than the item.

Old 03-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSuchma View Post
I stopped selling on Ebay when they wanted everyone to have a Paypal account.
Well, it helped me buy a lot more items from overseas. Not many were accepting International western union money orders via the post office. And when they simply said they didn't get it at all, that was that. Got it too easy simply living in the US and restoring a car there!

Old 03-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor78 View Post
As an international buyer, ebay is the only place for used or NOS items, other than the few shops that carry this. Still not many will ship overseas, even if you pay the costs often many times more than the item.
Like many others, we quit international shipping other than Canada before COVID due to rates. We quit shipping to Canada when COViD hit. Even when one can produce tracking numbers, customers got VERY irate with no receipt of their order within 6 months!

Shipments internally to the USA are much better now than a couple of years ago, so on 1 February 2023 we started again international shipping to those willing to pay the shipping costs (we have NO stock in ANY of the carriers). So far no complaints, but we haven't been 6 months to see if anyone didn't get their order.

And while we still use Ebay for purchases, and do buy collectibles from international vendors; we NEVER buy from vendors that use Ebay's Global Shipping Program. If the vendor won't privately ship, we don't need it.

Jon

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.