THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-16-2023, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

2 stories that are way off topic , but same time zone.

Peter Grant (manager) declined Zeppelins invitation to play at Woodstock.
That just seems like an odd choice.
It wouldn't have made them any bigger or better overall , but would probably be the largest feathers in their caps to this day.

A friend I made a few years ago , is in his later 60's now.
He was raised in an orphanage .
He earned money by reading books - 5 cents for each book.
At 13 he had enough book money to run away from the orphanage and hitchhiked to Woodstock.
He was there from start to finish.
Then hitchhiked back to the orphanage in HighPoint NC , nowhere else to go.
Probably the wildest Woodstock story I know of.

Old 03-19-2023, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Allman Bros. Live at the Fillmore was just epic. I saw the original lineup at Chicago’s old International Amphitheater. Years later I worked for the company that bought the amphitheater and was involved in the partial demolition and development of the rest of the site into distribution warehouse space. One of our clients and long term tenants was Jesse Jackson Jr.’s son who owned the metro Chicago distribution operation for Budweiser. I remember walking through the old abandoned buildings, winter winds whipping through. You could close your eyes and almost imagine the echoes of the Allman brothers and Dickey Betts swirling around the vacant space.