Old 03-17-2023, 07:04 PM
Senior Chief

Default Complete Powertrain from '63 Tempest

I have the complete drivetrain and suspension that I pulled from my '63 Tempest for sale. It is everything removed from a reliable running/driving car. It includes:

- '61 DS code engine. Professionally rebuilt. I'm guessing less than 1000 miles ago. Pistons replaced with flat-tops - so it is now a 10+ CR. Camshaft reground by Effingham Machine to 4-bbl specs. Starts and runs great. Pertronix module in the distributor. I have paperwork documenting work. Includes bellhousing and clutch. Clutch needs to be replaced. Rear main seems to have a small leak.

- Entire rear suspension w/ 3-speed manual transaxle. Shifted and drove great. 2nd and 3rd synchros good. Has leaks. Unknown year or final axle ratio. Will look at numbers if you tell me what to look for. Includes shifter. Handle was cut off and Hurst welded on below boot. I have the original if wanted. Shifting was sloppy, but appears to be caused by wallowed-out pin where shift tube connects to transaxle rod.

- Complete front suspension. Was rebuilt as needed and was tight and brakes worked well. Will include steering box if wanted, but shaft was cut near firewall.

- Drive shaft and housing. The shaft bearing sounds are noticeable when the clutch is engaged in neutral. Assume they should be replaced, but have never heard another car to know what is normal.

Everything is located in East Texas - ZIP 75757. I will assist in packaging within reason, but you will need to arrange shipping on your dime. These are heavy and long items. Oil will be drained from engine, trans/diff.

Price is $2,750. PM me if interested. I prefer not to separate these parts, but might consider reasonable offers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7076.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	609007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7077.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	609008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7078.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	609009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7079.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	609010  

1963 Tempest Convertible (195-1bbl, 3-speed transaxle. 428 RAIV, 5-speed, IRS planned) Pictures