Old 03-24-2023, 02:55 PM
Senior Chief

Default Drivetrain Compatibility between Years

Could I please have comments regarding interchangeability of suspension and powertrain components between the three years? I have read that the rear swing arm geometry was changed for '63? Will any year transaxle bolt in the rear suspension subframe of other years? Are all driveshaft/tubes the same length? I know the driveshaft diameter was different depending on engine and transaxle? Again, I know the front subframe "K-member" needs to match the engine, but are they interchangeable between years? Any help would be appreciated so that I can answer questions about the parts I have for sale.

1963 Tempest Convertible (195-1bbl, 3-speed transaxle. 428 RAIV, 5-speed, IRS planned) Pictures
Old 03-24-2023, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

61 and 62 can interchange. 63 is 2 inches wider than the 61 or 62. Driveshafts and torque tubes vary by year, engine, and transmission. If you are a Little Indians member they have a listing of all driveshafts and torque tubes by year, engine, and transmission in the tech section of their web site. www.littleindians.com

Old 03-24-2023, 06:32 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
61 and 62 can interchange. 63 is 2 inches wider than the 61 or 62. Driveshafts and torque tubes vary by year, engine, and transmission. If you are a Little Indians member they have a listing of all driveshafts and torque tubes by year, engine, and transmission in the tech section of their web site. www.littleindians.com
Good information, thank you! I am a member and will check that out.

1963 Tempest Convertible (195-1bbl, 3-speed transaxle. 428 RAIV, 5-speed, IRS planned) Pictures