Old 04-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Senior Chief

my problem with my gauges on my gto is that the temp and fuel gauge sometimes are at the tops of their limits and sometimes just the fuel gauge does it or sometimes just the temp does it. the oil pressure guage has done it maybe once or twice but the other gauges do it often. sometimes switching the key on and off fixes it.what could the problem be. also my tach don't work rite when i got the car so i unhooked it at the coil. can i take it apart and fix it.

Old 04-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Senior Chief

my problem with my gauges on my gto is that the temp and fuel gauge sometimes are at the tops of their limits and sometimes just the fuel gauge does it or sometimes just the temp does it. the oil pressure guage has done it maybe once or twice but the other gauges do it often. sometimes switching the key on and off fixes it.what could the problem be. also my tach don't work rite when i got the car so i unhooked it at the coil. can i take it apart and fix it.

Old 04-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Usually problems with guages such as this is caused by a poor ground to the guage cluster.

Make sure the cluster is grounded properly and that the engine also has a ground strap that goes between the back of the right head and the firewall.

Having multiple guages doing the same thing points to a common problem, i.e. ground.

As far as fixing the tach? I doubt it. I simply replaced mine with a new one from PY and it is a very nice piece!

Don

restored a 70 Judge at: http://home.rochester.rr.com/dchapman

My 70 Judge Restoration documented at: http://thejudge.dyndns-home.com:8080/
Old 04-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Senior Chief

i'll check it out this weekend cause i'm licensing the car to bring it out for the summer