Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Senior Chief

There's a Low Boy around the corner from me, will look at it in a couple days, any thoughts on price ? it looks real shinny. The Cub is real tired so not any time soon.

Gregg

Old 08-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtypointer View Post
Keith: How does the Lowboy handle the thick grass? That thing looks awesome. I saw a twin to it today being trailered on the I. Thanks-Dan
No problems.

95% of the time I use it for fine mowing up by the house, but occassionally take it around back and do some "brush hog" type work to keep the trails clear.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 08-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm a Hustler dealer just outside of Detroit. Got a trade in couple of weeks ago, with a blown engine. Just put a brand new 26HP Liquid cooled Kawasaki in it, three year warranty on the new engine. Looking to get $4500 for it. It's a Super Z, which is the top of the line machine with 21cc hydraulic pumps. Does 12-15 mph. Let me know if interested.

76 GP LJ 400 4BBL T400
78 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck
Oh yea I love my wife very much
For some reason it got erased when I put it here last time!!!!!! hmmmmmmmm
Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74gto View Post
I'm a Hustler dealer just outside of Detroit. Got a trade in couple of weeks ago, with a blown engine. Just put a brand new 26HP Liquid cooled Kawasaki in it, three year warranty on the new engine. Looking to get $4500 for it. It's a Super Z, which is the top of the line machine with 21cc hydraulic pumps. Does 12-15 mph. Let me know if interested.

That's a helluva good deal. Where were you before I bought my Big Dog R754 ??????

Built like a tank.
http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/super-z.html

Old 08-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Does 12-15 mph. Let me know if interested.
This is a good point that I think needs to be mentioned: the vintage tractors are "slow" by comparison. Ground speed is probably 4 or 5 mph when mowing.

You have to plan on a relaxing afternoon...

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 08-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Roseville my old stomping grounds, that is a good deal on the Super Z I don't know if that's the direction I'm going in yet I may be interested in something that cuts grass plows snow and some light garden work if you have such an animal ? I'm coming over for the Woodward Cruise and could stop by to check your inventory.

Gregg

Old 08-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrracer View Post
There's a Low Boy around the corner from me, will look at it in a couple days, any thoughts on price ? it looks real shinny. The Cub is real tired so not any time soon.

Gregg
Low Boy is gone.

Gregg

Old 08-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
That's a helluva good deal. Where were you before I bought my Big Dog R754 ??????

Built like a tank.
http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/super-z.html
I'm a Big Dog dealer also. Was suppose to be an entry level mower when it first came out. Now the Diablo is basicly a Super Z in red. The Big Dog uses the old Super Z deck. which is deeper, and in my opinion gives a cleaner cut. The new VX4 deck dispurses the clippings in a wider discharge pattern , though. Can't beat the frames on these mowers!!

www.pro-mower.com

76 GP LJ 400 4BBL T400
78 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck
Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Zephyrracer,
may have a used walker coming in.Outfront deck, driveshaft driven, has a two stage snowthrower available, or broom, or plow. Gives a manicured cut, runs at 6.5 mph. check it out on our website or here!

www.walkermowers.com

http://www.walkermowers.com/implemen...snowblower.php

76 GP LJ 400 4BBL T400
78 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bringing this back up as I'm tired of the zero turn scrubbing up my lawn & the leaves are here & I don't have a bagger for it.

I have a chance at a low hours John Deere LA165 for cheap money. From what I can tell this is not one of the HD or Lowes models, has a hydro trans and an electric PTO which is what I'm looking for. However, it does have the K46 transmission which I understand is problematic.

Anyone have any history with one of these?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Bringing this back up as I'm tired of the zero turn scrubbing up my lawn & the leaves are here & I don't have a bagger for it.

I have a chance at a low hours John Deere LA165 for cheap money. From what I can tell this is not one of the HD or Lowes models, has a hydro trans and an electric PTO which is what I'm looking for. However, it does have the K46 transmission which I understand is problematic.

Anyone have any history with one of these?
My X300 has the K46 with 200 hours on it and NO problems. Granted, my 1.5 acres of lawn is flat. I also have the 44" Snowblower.....no problems!

Old 10-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to hear Sid, I may have a new mower!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978