Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2017, 11:54 AM

jeff! I dont think ill be doing any kind of selling on this 455. I was ecstatic to have it. Im a firm believer in starting in stock form and slowly build it up so one day i may sell them but not soon.

Tom! i was trying to find more specs on the stock heads! thanks for the bit of info. Do you or anyone here know if I would need to get different valve springs for the 068 cam?

I also ran some tests on the motor as I didnt have much time the other day. holds oil pressure, spins freely and the push rods tightened up when i spun it up. Not sure if any of you guys had done that before, but you pull the distributor, a long screwdriver with a broken handle, put it in a drill, put the flathead down and spin. quick way to see if oil pressure is there. Going to do a compression test as well just to check it out. May even see how it runs on a test stand before going further.