Old 07-24-2001, 10:09 PM

Can someone tell me what color my jack should be and maybe even what code to look for to tell if it is a 1969 jack.

Thanks Scott

------------------

Old 07-24-2001, 10:09 PM

Can someone tell me what color my jack should be and maybe even what code to look for to tell if it is a 1969 jack.

Thanks Scott

------------------

Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Default I need the same help!!!!

I am trying to find out the same thing about a 1968 GTO. If you find the codes and color anywhere let me know and I'll do the same!!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The colors range from the light pontiac blue to a darker blue. I just restored mine and can post pics in a day or so. I have also seen some of the tire irons painted blue and some black as well. As far as codes I'm not familiar with them. I know the jack was the same in my 1972 Gran Sport convertible that I had years ago as in my car so I'm thinking the same jack was used for a while. I think some of the Chevelles had a special adpater for the front bumper too???

Others will chime in here so you'll get an answer.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ford dark blue is what I used based on some old threads in this forum. I currently only have the base painted, but it matches my original/unpainted jack mechanism pretty well.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Senior Chief

Check this thread. It will either give you some direction or completely confuse you.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ght=jack+color

Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

My 68 is dark blue, like ford blue as wf said, It has been in my trunk for over 30 years.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here are the pics. My best friend just got into powder coating and I gave him the jack, base and tire iron to blast and powder coat. I sent the jack shaft to Steve Gregori to have re-plated as I had parts going there anyway and he only charges $45 to replate the shaft. I just couldn't paint the shaft silver. The coating is very close to Ford blue and I got it from Caswell. The parts show a much lighter shade of blue due to the camera flash but its dark blue. It was a fun little project and it cost me under $75.

Many will say overkill as you will never see these parts since they will be buried in the trunk and they are just for show since no one in their right mind would use one of these horrible jacks on your car but they came out great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-032F.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	127743   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-033F.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	127744   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-034F.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	127745  

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Simiele
Here are the pics. My best friend just got into powder coating and I gave him the jack, base and tire iron to blast and powder coat. I sent the jack shaft to Steve Gregori to have re-plated as I had parts going there anyway and he only charges $45 to replate the shaft. I just couldn't paint the shaft silver. The coating is very close to Ford blue and I got it from Caswell. The parts show a much lighter shade of blue due to the camera flash but its dark blue. It was a fun little project and it cost me under $75.

Many will say overkill as you will never see these parts since they will be buried in the trunk and they are just for show since no one in their right mind would use one of these horrible jacks on your car but they came out great.
Mark, what did Steve replate the shaft in? Silver Cad, Zinc?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

silver zinc

Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Code...

should be a U 69 on the base somewhere, I believe. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Default Plating color for Jack Shaft

Is the plating color for the jack shaft always Silver Zinc for 68-69 or did it vary?

ROn

Old 03-10-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige1968GTO View Post
Is the plating color for the jack shaft always Silver Zinc for 68-69 or did it vary?

ROn
Ron,

Had mine plated over the summer it went into the yellow zinc pile and came out looking kind of silvery goldish.

1968 GTO Convertible
1968 GTO Coupe, currently undergoing full frame off resto.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige1968GTO View Post

ROn
It varies. I have about 20 Jack's from 64-72' some are silver zinc and some are gold cad..67 and back Jack's are close to the Ford dark blue but 68-up jacks are a lighter shad of blue. Close to corporate gm blue used on engines.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

heres a survivor 68 out of my tempest..i dont think its ever been used or out of the car till i took it out...and every 69 ive seen looks like this too..gto has a special length too..you can see it on the tape..ive compared many many over the decades..the only diffs ive seen really is the lug wrench can be black..theres several suppliers for each plant,..theres a date code on the rivet to determine year..i will look around to see if i have those pics..i lost a bunch in a comp crash

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 03-11-2017, 03:55 PM

Was there a stamped date on the mast on a March 1969 Baltimore GTO ? Here is a pic of a 9C27 but not sure what car its from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack date 9C.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	449331