WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 10-09-2004, 08:41 AM

I ordered (or at least started the process) my 05 Black/Red A4 GTO last night at the largest Pontaic dealer in my area. The president of this dealership represents all of the North New England area at GM meetings. I was told that no orders are being accepted by GM yet, that a down payment only reserved a place in line when the orders are placed. They told me that GM would not accept an order when there is no price tag yet. (The price is expected to be about 3% more than the 04's). The ordering manager said the original production start date was to begin in September, but due to the 04's still on the lots and some not even delivered yet, GM moved the start of production to mid November and first delivery dates to be the earliest in February. They said there is no way GM would want the new 05's on the lots next to the 04's at the same time. The manager even said the 05 would make it very difficult ,even with incentives, to sell the 04's. These people didn't even try to sell me an 04 so I don't think they are lying to me just to get me to buy an 04. They still have 3 04's left to be delivered including the new red one. The order sheet had no 18" wheel options, but did have the Phantom Black Sport apperance package as an option. All price areas are w/a. They had no expected date that the orders will start to be accepted.
If anyone here has an order that has been accepted, please give me the dealer names as my dealer would like to contact them to see how they have orders being accepted. Thanks.
Also of note.. I learned that when a vehicle on GM Buy Power is listed as being at a dealership, it always is not. They have a Red/Red M6 listed at this dealership. When they ran a check it is a car not even delivered yet. VIN #'s match and shows shipped 9/23/04 but not arrived yet.
PS...I am #1 on this "wait list" !!
Old 10-09-2004, 08:41 AM

I ordered (or at least started the process) my 05 Black/Red A4 GTO last night at the largest Pontaic dealer in my area. The president of this dealership represents all of the North New England area at GM meetings. I was told that no orders are being accepted by GM yet, that a down payment only reserved a place in line when the orders are placed. They told me that GM would not accept an order when there is no price tag yet. (The price is expected to be about 3% more than the 04's). The ordering manager said the original production start date was to begin in September, but due to the 04's still on the lots and some not even delivered yet, GM moved the start of production to mid November and first delivery dates to be the earliest in February. They said there is no way GM would want the new 05's on the lots next to the 04's at the same time. The manager even said the 05 would make it very difficult ,even with incentives, to sell the 04's. These people didn't even try to sell me an 04 so I don't think they are lying to me just to get me to buy an 04. They still have 3 04's left to be delivered including the new red one. The order sheet had no 18" wheel options, but did have the Phantom Black Sport apperance package as an option. All price areas are w/a. They had no expected date that the orders will start to be accepted.
If anyone here has an order that has been accepted, please give me the dealer names as my dealer would like to contact them to see how they have orders being accepted. Thanks.
Also of note.. I learned that when a vehicle on GM Buy Power is listed as being at a dealership, it always is not. They have a Red/Red M6 listed at this dealership. When they ran a check it is a car not even delivered yet. VIN #'s match and shows shipped 9/23/04 but not arrived yet.
PS...I am #1 on this "wait list" !!
Old 10-09-2004, 12:46 PM

yeah cool. I'm hoping the price of the 04 will get down to about 24-25k so I can afford to buy one. I don't think the dealers will be willing to actualy loose money though, maybe better incentives from GM to get the cars gone.