WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 03-20-2004, 05:59 PM

My hometown has an informal car show every Saturday night on a big parking lot downtown. I took my Torrid Red '04 GTO and parked it beside an immaculate 1965 Goat with three deuces. The kicker was, the ’65 was painted the same Torrid Red.

The two cars drew a lot of attention. I have to admit, that ’65 sounded like music and looked awesome. If I could have either car, I’d take the ’65.

Still, my new car was well received. The ladies liked the body styling, but most of the men, especially the Old School Goat crowd, didn’t care for the exterior. The interior, however, was a big hit. The Goat guys liked the gauges. The Corvette Crowd said my seats were more comfortable than theirs and they liked the GTO valve covers.

The ’65 owner and I plan on making a photo shoot one weekend soon. I will post those pics post haste. I think you guys will like seeing the two red Goats side by side. It was a sight to see.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:59 PM

My hometown has an informal car show every Saturday night on a big parking lot downtown. I took my Torrid Red '04 GTO and parked it beside an immaculate 1965 Goat with three deuces. The kicker was, the ’65 was painted the same Torrid Red.

The two cars drew a lot of attention. I have to admit, that ’65 sounded like music and looked awesome. If I could have either car, I’d take the ’65.

Still, my new car was well received. The ladies liked the body styling, but most of the men, especially the Old School Goat crowd, didn’t care for the exterior. The interior, however, was a big hit. The Goat guys liked the gauges. The Corvette Crowd said my seats were more comfortable than theirs and they liked the GTO valve covers.

The ’65 owner and I plan on making a photo shoot one weekend soon. I will post those pics post haste. I think you guys will like seeing the two red Goats side by side. It was a sight to see.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fuel Rail covers, Fuel Rail covers. Not valve covers.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:45 PM

hahahaha, my mechanical know nothingness is showing. (I'm a computer nerd by trade.) The '04 GTO is my first "muscle car". The Vette guys had all kinds of tips for juicing up the LS1.

BTW, one guy said that, by Federal Law, any "bolt on" modification I make to the engine can NOT void the warranty. Any thoughts on that?
Old 03-21-2004, 06:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FLORIT:
hahahaha, my mechanical know nothingness is showing. (I'm a computer nerd by trade.) The '04 GTO is my first "muscle car". The Vette guys had all kinds of tips for juicing up the LS1.

BTW, one guy said that, by Federal Law, any "bolt on" modification I make to the engine can NOT void the warranty. Any thoughts on that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want 400+RWHP with just a head/cam change let me know. I can point you in the right direction.

www.sema.org is the best place to find out your rights as far as bolt on parts and your warranty.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:20 AM

Thanks, Mr_GTO, for the SEMA link. It answered all my questions. As for the head/cam change, I think I'll do the window tinting and wheels first. When next winter arrives, I will seriously consider the engine mods. (I probably won't be driving the car anyway.)
Old 03-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hello, no pictures from the show!?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:22 AM

No pics yet. I didn't have a camera. Duh. But this is a regular Saturday night thing, and me and the '65 Guy plan on showing our rides side by side. There will be plenty of pics soon.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Senior Chief

Ive got some.....

[img]A:\6494.jpg[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Senior Chief

ahh haaaa!!!

[img]A:\64.jpg[/img]

[img]A:\64eng.jpg[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 04:48 PM

Is there easier ways to get 400 hp than changing heads and cam?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 70455RA:
Is there easier ways to get 400 hp than changing heads and cam? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I say 400HP, i mean at the WHEELS, which would equate to around 450-475 at the crank.

You could ad a supercharger. Adding headers and a cold air kit would net you around 20hp at the wheels. But a head and cam kit will really boost the HP levels.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

IMO unless the car is crazy modified or an old car that is not available anymore, like the F-bodies they should not be at a show. i dont mean to offend anyone but this is my opinion.

anyway you'll have fun with that LS1. my friend has a 2001 Firehawk and we put SLP headers, y-pipe, Loudmouth exhaust, SLP intake, and last week during our spring break we put a comp cams (i can get the specs if u want) Ti retainers, and springs, and a computer tune. this car moves! the cam sounds awesome...we put it on the dyno and got 400RWHP. and i think like 378RWHP corrected i think.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:00 AM

It's not really a "show", it's more like an informal "gathering". Since my '04 GTO is the only one around these parts, it's fun to show it off. If the new GTOs were like Grand Ams or Grand Prixs (in number) I wouldn't even bother until I had installed every after market part I could find.